Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As many of you know, BLR has loaned the Commander to Muzzy's in Bend, Or. for R & D work to eliminate all of the pesky problems associated with the factory ECU.....their method and plan of attack was this:

1) Make a new throttle body that will accept a cable from the gas pedal instead of the factory throttle-by-wire controlled by the ECU instead of you, the owner.....and while they're at it, dyno tests had proven the 1000 responds well from the factory TB 54mm bore up to this new size....60mm

2) Divorce the factory ECU from all fuel and ignition assignments, then add a stand-alone, adjustable ECU strictly for those two functions....

3) Pin and Grin!!

Dang!!...how did that watermark get on those pictures??....Oh well, guess you can see everything clearly enough....LOL.....Lance

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
So that's what my Commander looks like....it's been 6 long weeks without it..:(...but Murray assurded me that I was going to be a VERY happy girl come Aug. 3rd when they bring it down to Dunefest for me....

Muzzy's will be using it during the day for show & tell but watch out at night when I finally get to drive it.....Drive It Like I Stole It..:):)...Barbara

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rob Muzzy always makes a quality product...I bought my exhaust last year at dunefest...cant wait to see your ride....hope I can get a ride in it.:(

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Rob Muzzy always makes a quality product...I bought my exhaust last year at dunefest...cant wait to see your ride....hope I can get a ride in it.:(
Only if I get my 1/2 case of Fat Tire.....:):):)

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont make me ask Lance!:confused:
So are you sucking up to me for the ride instead of buying BLR her Fat Tire for a ride??....LOL ...Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
So that's what my Commander looks like....it's been 6 long weeks without it..:(...but Murray assurded me that I was going to be a VERY happy girl come Aug. 3rd when they bring it down to Dunefest for me....

Muzzy's will be using it during the day for show & tell but watch out at night when I finally get to drive it.....Drive It Like I Stole It..:):)...Barbara
Looks interesting, but "Murry assurded me" ?? I think you'r already happy after a couple Fat Tires!! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Looks interesting, but "Murry assurded me" ?? I think you'r already happy after a couple Fat Tires!! LOL
your lucky I'm that close on my spelling at midnight...LOL..assured..:rofl:

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha....your a Fat Tire man also I see ......"Murry" is spelled "Murray".....BUSTED ....lol!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So lets see those dyno results! :)
Muzzy doesn't release their dyno results ...they use them in house only for before and after percentage gain_loss comparisons ....they always will advertise % and not true numbers because different dynos give different results on the same machine ....good thinking IMO ....but soon we'll hopefully be bragging a high % number

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well yes this is true, I should have known better...guess I was not looking for the precise number, but what the improvement was :)
Lol...I knew that...it's funny how many peeps dispell a percentage number and think the absolute RWHP number is the only worthwhile figure to talk about ....and with these V-twins, the torque is worth so much for the machine's package also along with the RWHP

No update so far today on the dyno pulls as they are tuning the second ECU for fuel and ignition....but when Murray gives us the great news, I'll start an exclusive thread in the VIP room for sure! .....Lance

1 - 20 of 87 Posts