Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drove Rob Muzzys Commander down at King of the Hammers. I have Muzzys race exhaust + DigiTune on mine. Rob has the sport exhaust on his plus DigiTune and their new intake. I was very impressed with the new intake. I could definitely feel the difference between the two on my butt dyno for sure. I could easily believe another 5+ HP over my race exhaust.

Hope they get something in production soon!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I drove Rob Muzzys Commander down at King of the Hammers. I have Muzzys race exhaust + DigiTune on mine. Rob has the sport exhaust on his plus DigiTune and their new intake. I was very impressed with the new intake. I could definitely feel the difference between the two on my butt dyno for sure. I could easily believe another 5+ HP over my race exhaust.

Hope they get something in production soon!
Crowdog do you know if the muzzy exhaust added more power over stock? I just talked to Muzzy and they swear it does but I'm a little skeptical since for over a week Ron Woods tried several different intakes, his exhaust and air intake and nothing produced any more power on the dyno. I have BRP throttle sensor delete so it is not my throttle cutting out that is the source of the problem. Have you run your car against another commander to test if it was faster?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I have the Muzzy Sport on mine with the Digitune, nothing else. I ran against a stock commander a few weeks back and pulled him by about two UTV lengths in a 0 to 65 race. I weigh about 40 pounds more then him plus have the full roof. It definitely makes it faster. I started pulling him around 30 to 40. From the start we were within a foot of each other. I have been running the Muzzys for a long time. I don't think the Ron Woods would add any HP over the Muzzys. Plus the Muzzys are not as loud and have a great sound to them.

I also have the whisper cores and Sparkys in. Next I am getting the clutch done by Airdam.

I have a deal on the Muzzys for this forum. If you are interested please shoot me a PM.

BigD

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Crowdog do you know if the muzzy exhaust added more power over stock? I just talked to Muzzy and they swear it does but I'm a little skeptical since for over a week Ron Woods tried several different intakes, his exhaust and air intake and nothing produced any more power on the dyno. I have BRP throttle sensor delete so it is not my throttle cutting out that is the source of the problem. Have you run your car against another commander to test if it was faster?

I could definitely tell a difference once we put the Muzzy's race exhaust on...I'm sure as soon as I decide for sure what clutch setup I'm going to go with that I will even see more of a difference with the exhaust, because of the torque...the diamenter of Muzzys tubes I believe will give more low end torque..JMO

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I have BRP throttle sensor delete so it is not my throttle cutting out that is the source of the problem. Have you run your car against another commander to test if it was faster?
I would also be curious where you got the sensor delete kit...

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Stand by. Pretty sure that Muzzys will have something available soon.
Jon, is commanderguy talking about the Muzzy setup...I knew the last time we tlked with Muray...that they were just about done with it?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
BRP engineers installed it on my machine. It connects to the ECU as a piggyback unit. I don't know if you can get one I got mine because Ron Woods and Jon at Pro Shop arranged it.
So do you race for BRP?...from what I have seen on the quad sites that is how they got theirs ECM

·
Registered
92 Posts
No I don't race for BRP I'm just a guy who like his stuff fast. John at Pro Shop and Ron Wood arranged to get BRP to come down to install this device and do some testing. The BRP engineers got more info out of me than I got from them. It seems they were seriously impress with Adam's clutch setup and had no clue how well it performed and worked until they drove the beast.

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
BRP engineers installed it on my machine. It connects to the ECU as a piggyback unit. I don't know if you can get one I got mine because Ron Woods and Jon at Pro Shop arranged it.
the BRP "Gizmo" does the following per the Technical race director:

removes the speed limit
allows the radiator fan to come on earlier
half shaft saver function is removed
pushes up the limits on the LIMP MODE..

They are only available from BRP for racing applications.

I understand Muzzy's has something simular that is going to be available shortly to anybody...

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts

removes the speed limit

I understand Muzzy's has something simular that is going to be available shortly to anybody...
That's what I heard also..Muzzy's should have theirs available to the general public soon.

What I didn't understand from commanderguy was he said

"I have BRP throttle sensor delete so it is not my throttle cutting out that is the source of the problem."

with what you said Michael is it does delete the shaft saver Mode..
so I'm confused...which is not unusual...Barbara

·
Registered
92 Posts

removes the speed limit

I don't know if it removes the speed limiter...I know that the radiator fan comes on earlier, the limp mode is pushed higher, and the throttle control feature is gone. I will need to take it out and run it hard to see if it goes past 74 mphs.

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
I don't know if it removes the speed limiter...I know that the radiator fan comes on earlier, the limp mode is pushed higher, and the throttle control feature is gone. I will need to take it out and run it hard to see if it goes past 74 mphs.

oh... it will :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
No I don't race for BRP I'm just a guy who like his stuff fast. John at Pro Shop and Ron Wood arranged to get BRP to come down to install this device and do some testing. The BRP engineers got more info out of me than I got from them. It seems they were seriously impress with Adam's clutch setup and had no clue how well it performed and worked until they drove the beast.
GOOD news! I install my CVTech Clutch and Machined secondary today. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
oh... it will :)
Actually the only place that I really run the thing that fast is at my house in Tucson. I was heading down Houghton RD passing traffic at 74 mph the last time I had it there. When I get it back I will be taking it to Pro Shop but after that I will take it to Tucson and see if I can get it to run past 74 mph.

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Actually the only place that I really run the thing that fast is at my house in Tucson. I was heading down Houghton RD passing traffic at 74 mph the last time I had it there. When I get it back I will be taking it to Pro Shop but after that I will take it to Tucson and see if I can get it to run past 74 mph.

TUCSON!

You have to give me a shout when you get out this way...My car is still in the midst of fabrication but hoping it will be completed in the next 30 days or so..love to get em out together for some riding...

I have a full Muzzy exhaust..the BRP Gizmo, Adams primary and secondary and a few other little niceties which should really improve the top speed and overall performance.

Michael
520-370-1514

1 - 19 of 19 Posts