Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that the commander didn't come with any skid plate protection, I finally got mine yesterday and was surprised to see a plastic skid plate installed from the factory.

Does anybody have feedback on the factory skid plates, I live in Yellowknife, NT so we ride a lot of muskeg and bedrock.

Thanks,
ST

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I like the plastic because it will spring back. I think you would really have to be grinding hard over rocks to to break it. HDPE is very durable IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
WOW way up there in the Northwest Territory!

Take a look at the UHMW skids from Factory UTV:

Factory UTV Website said:
Significantly lighter than aluminum, we offer several options for your Can Am Commander. Available in 3/8 inch or ultra tough 1/2 inch thickness, UHMW is a super tough, wear resistant plastic that combines an incredible slickness to slide over rocks with outstanding impact strength. Half the weight of comparable aluminum skid plates, UHWM will outwear carbon steel 10 to 1 and has taken over as the #1 choice for UTV skid plate material. Unlike aluminum, UHMW has memory, meaning after a big impact hits aluminum will bend, gouge and break while UHMW maintains it's original shape.
Factory UTV Can Am Commander UHMW Skid plates Arm Guards

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I think I will order the UMHW skid from factory UTV, still -30 here so I have time to order before we get any riding time in.

Seemed like I had to wait forever to get my commander now I have to wait another month for it to warm up :(

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks, I think I will order the UMHW skid from factory UTV, still -30 here so I have time to order before we get any riding time in.

Seemed like I had to wait forever to get my commander now I have to wait another month for it to warm up :(
Muskeg slides better on plastic and that stuff is pretty thick! I'd just get the factory ones for under your feet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts