Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all the seals and everything internal except the ring and pinion are wasted. again its rear 411. after submitting the parts list to brp they said were just going to send you a whole new rear end. number 506 on the way. i sure hope this one is quieter. Now i have u joints amongst other things that are now bad in which my opinion are caused from the rear end but no one will claim it. so after talking with customer service they said pretty much KMA. great. so 1600 and some change for parts and labor and im on the hook for 500 and some change. I didnt want to get to nasty but i did assure them after being a 14 year buyer of honda products and never an issue this would be my first and last BRP product. 1300 miles. how shitty can you be. We will be saving our receipts because i believe theres a driveline or the rear end causing this stuff to go bad premature. All we can hope to see down the road is a class action. They know theres a problem with these rear ends thats why there fixing them all but wont claim it. so i will fix my u joints and all wearable items associated with the rear end and walk away smiling.:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure your drive shaft is clocked correctly and not bent. Some came thru clocked wrong (mine was one of them) and will cause it to bind and prematurly wear the rear diff input bearing that will wear the the rest on the parts out.
thats prob what happend but im out because they said its wearable. can am wont own up to it. im stuck with it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should check my drive shaft before I get to many miles on it. Good idea to check it.
yep totaly disgusted. 14 years of honda products and never one fail. can am told me to get bent. very dissapointed. 1300 miles. have a class action lawyer looking into all these problems people are having. failing ball joints as well. they are very interested. they said there may be a way around the arbitration part of the contract.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you put a Pool Noodle (one of those foam thingys) between the Cab and the Bed, then crank up the Stereo you can almost not hear the noise..........hoping for class action as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts