Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures of my X so far. Finished the speakers and Roof right before New Years.

So far I have ...

2" spacers
Fender Flares (Still cussing Can Am over the install of these)
4500# Viper Elite Winch
Aluminum top (I made it with lots of TLC )
Speaker pods (Made form scratch using fiberglass)
6.5" directional Polk Marine speakers
Cant see the 300w JBL marine amp (in the glove box)
Factory UTV A-Arm guards
Can't really see the 5 panel rear view mirror (Love this mirror)

I made a receiver for the front end, usually have the hook in the front for tie downs on the trailer and for the occasional pulling people out. Have a few other things I can put in here like: Tow Loop, Hitch, another winch (front or rear) not that I would ever need 2 in the front, but I can have two in the front if I want (would be fun pulling two machines out of the mud at the same time) or one front and rear if needed.

Still have lots of stuff to fabricate and buy. Just have to save up for all the mods or make them my self

So far I have enjoyed working on it as much as driving it, that is for sure.

Lists of projects planned ... too many

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Nice looking!! So, are you going to patent the front stereo winches?? That would be way cool, but don't forget to install another battery under the driver's seat

That was one disappointment of mine was the factory battery is, well, kinda PUNY!!! .....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rainmaker have you even driven it???
I see not scratches....
That looks NICE!!!
The speakers are a nice addition nice job on the top!!!
Thanks!!

Lol I have a little, only have 6 hours on it so far. Been pretty cold here and had to get the tunes in :)

Hoping to get out more since it is all back together now, until the next project starts. Trying to get as many projects done now while it is cold!

Heading out next weekend for a full day of mudding in the cold should be able to double my seat time easy :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking!! So, are you going to patent the front stereo winches?? That would be way cool, but don't forget to install another battery under the driver's seat

That was one disappointment of mine was the factory battery is, well, kinda PUNY!!! .....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...
Thank ya!

Yeah gotta get another battery for sure. I was not real thrilled with the battery location anyway. Need to run down a red top to put under the seat.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Under the seat is primo for a sizable battery ...especially with the draw of winches and amplifiers.....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Great looking and well set up ride!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The speaker and roof look great. I was toying with doing something similar and now that I've seen yours ... wow ... I love the look.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have a few more things in mind if I can get work to slow down enough for me to have some more time!

Thanks all, now if I just had enough money to do EVERYTHING I wanted :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is over the back of the speaker boxes? or is that part of the fiberglass boxes? You should make and sell those boxes thats exactly what im looking for!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is over the back of the speaker boxes? or is that part of the fiberglass boxes? You should make and sell those boxes thats exactly what im looking for!!
Yeah it is all fiberglass. I started making an entire fiberglass roof and quickly ran out of time. So I punted and went back to just making these to finish off the back end of the roof. Formed the aluminum roof and was really happy with how it looked.

I may look into making some, molding them should be easy enough. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Feel like making another roof?

I like the roof design, feel like fabbin another one? Very clean and compliments the X lines...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts