Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my Rugged Radio and did not like the way the female adapter cord (RCA jack) would just dangle around if not plugged into the head set.

So installed some billet flush mounts to go with the GPS dash mount. Now all I have to do is put the head set on and plug in to the dash.

The Rugged Radio also has a plug on the front for your I-Pod. I'm going to make a billet dash mount for it to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Charlie, I am trying to do the same install. How did you get the old dash out or did you mount your plate on top of the old dash? Do you sell copies of the plate? Nice job!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking good Charlie - were you able to get detailed topo maps for the Lowrance?
Yes finally. Lowrance does not make the software anymore....I'm like WTF....you sell the GPS units but no mapping software.

So here is the skinny, go to Ebay and search for Map Create 7 mapping accessories kit. This is the only kit out there that will work, and when they are gone they are gone. At least until Lowrance comes out with new software.

One trick to the software is you have to run it on a computer that has Windows XP. You will have issues if you try and use it with Vista or Windows 7. I have not seen it for the Mac.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charlie, I am trying to do the same install. How did you get the old dash out or did you mount your plate on top of the old dash? Do you sell copies of the plate? Nice job!
Here are some photos of the cut of the dash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts