Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all ... I'm ATVIowa on CanAmTalk.com and now SxSIowa on CommanderTalk.com. I will have my new Commander come Tuesday and will post some pics. I plan to make my first mod on Tuesday by installing my PB Growlers on Hipers onto the Commander and take her for a spin.

The next thing will be pipe and snow plow. Any ideas on snow plows? I've seen EMP (I think that's the brand) post something but was hoping Moose would have their v-plow mount available before I go and buy something. If anyone has any thoughts, shoot me a pm.

TUESDAY CAN'T GET HERE QUICK ENOUGH!!!

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Hey there my friend, great to have you with us :wavespin:

Congrats on the Commander...did you go with the X or the XT?

I think you are thinking of EMP for the plow...though I could be wrong. Is this the site you are thinking of:

- Extreme Metal Products, LLC

So you are going with the Hipers eh, I have them on my Teryx, very nice wheel! You using the 12" or 14"?

Look forward to seeing you around often, feel free to help spread the word about us!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep ... EMP ... typo in my original post. I love the hipers and PB's on my Rene X, but think they are the best for a UTV ... so I'm putting another set of hipers on my Rene when I can find some more $$$ to spend. :) I got the XT in Red and will plan on racing it next year in the IATVHSS series since they run UTVs Saturday nights and ATVs on Sundays. I can hardly wait ...

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
welcome from Oregon sxsiowa....looking forward to seeing your babe on wheels....Lance

·
Registered
12 Posts
plow

Welcome to the site !!! I have an X. Got the factory plow offered by
Can-Am two weeks ago and just got the mounting plate today. Going to put it on tomorrow. Will take some pics and post them. Will let you know what I think of it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice ... I wish the BOSS or Moose plows had the mounts for the commander. I have had a Moose County/State plow in a 60" on an '99 Honda Foreman and that thing has been phenomenal! I'd really like to try a v-plow on the UTV though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
moose plow mount

Have just finished mounting a 72 inch moose plow.Made my own mount and used the universal push tubes to make the attachment to the frame plate.After I got done cutting the push tubes to make the mount I only had one foot of tubeing left from the original push tubes not to bad I don't think.I will post pictures if I can figure out how to do it.It's about an 8 hour project or as we say in montana about an 18 pack.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
We could use that plow only on the back of ours....to back-drag whoops out of sand access roads.....:giggle:...Lance

·
Registered
149 Posts
We could use that plow only on the back of ours....to back-drag whoops out of sand access roads.....:giggle:...Lance
I know exactly what your talking about. Every year we go up there to go riding I always say that next time I will bring a drag or something to knock down the whoops going to the ocean or spinreel. We always camp at Hauser when we go up there.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I know exactly what your talking about. Every year we go up there to go riding I always say that next time I will bring a drag or something to knock down the whoops going to the ocean or spinreel. We always camp at Hauser when we go up there.
Hey Jhquad...welcome to the site...let us know when your up in Oregon...Hauser is only 45mins. away... we will help you take care of whoop road:furious::furious:to the beach...lol...Barbara

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Jhquad...welcome to the site...let us know when your up in Oregon...Hauser is only 45mins. away... we will help you take care of whoop road:furious::furious:to the beach...lol...Barbara
Usually get up there in July. We are going to probably do a day trip up to Florence this year as well since I now have my utility trailer up there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was the plow mount based on an existing one from Moose for a different make/model of UTV or was this something you modeled after another brand? How much time and materials do you have into it and are you interested in sharing design details (dimensions)? I need a plow mount now for an existing Moose plow but they don't have one so I'm hoping to get some dimensions for one and build it up by hand. Some steel, a torch, a welder, and a few barley pops should cover it ... right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
plow

Yup it's about a 12 pack job.Used the universal push tubes and just cut them up so I wouldn't have to buy any more tube and found a piece of 1/4 inch plate and a piece of cardboard for a template for the mount on the commander and that was about it.The mount on the xt was patterned after the factory can am one sort of.Yes I will give u some dimensions if u want them.I have more money in beer then metal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts