Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the commander and sxs's. This site is a wealth of knowledge and I'm learning alot. Was looking at the engine air intake system. In the engine tunnel there is a large diameter section of the intake line and it has an electrical plug on top of it. Does the intake system have a fan in it to help draw in air?

Also, just got back from moab where the belt started smoking on the trail. Was thinking of putting a blower in the cvt air system but can't decide which side to run it, intake or exhaust. What are your opinions and why.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
No, there is no fan on that intake plenum ....what you see is a sensor

The favored spot for the CVT blower system is on the intake side .....exhaust side exposes the fan to excessive CVT heat and rubber shrapnel should the belt start to let loose

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Registered
188 Posts
What cvt blower system are you using? I found one that looks or should I say sounds good, but if others have one that works well and easy to install that they know works well, word of mouth is often more true than reading what a retailer says about a product. STM is the one I have been looking at, is anyone using this system?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
While there are a couple kits out, more and more peeps are pinching their bucks and building their own for a few dimes on the dollar....the Commander has enough room for the 4" bilge blower, whereas I was restricted to a 3" on my Rhintax because of space limitations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts