Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting my X on it's lid last year, my light bar wasn't looking so hot. So I made a new one. I wanted to incorporate these "cat-eye" HIDs that had been sitting in my garage for a while. Got it built, painted, wired.... Should've tested the lights first.... They worked for a minute..... Now when I try to switch them on, the wires arc through the insulation to the light bar or to each other.:furious: I may try using a different type of wire but I don't have time before the big Goons in the Dunes ride next week. The three center lights work and I have the SOR kit in the factory locations.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Wires arcing thru their insulation? ....did you run run them into and back out of cage tubing for a clean look?

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
good you can lead...seen a video from a friends ride last weekend at Winchester...pretty narley sand castles out there...we should have at least one good crash...lol

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wires arcing thru their insulation? ....did you run run them into and back out of cage tubing for a clean look?

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr
I actually ran them externally for just this reason... Back to the drawing board...:furious:

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good you can lead...seen a video from a friends ride last weekend at Winchester...pretty narley sand castles out there...we should have at least one good crash...lol
I think I saw the same video. Sand looks pretty wet. I'm gonna run my dirt tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts