Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie in the belt/clutch world. I know how they work, I know how to remove/clean/reinstall them but I got no clue on how to adjust them, what makes one better then the other and such.

What I ride most of the time: Strictly trail riding in all seasons, 25-45mph, powering out of corners, having some fun. Some slow technical stuff sometimes when the trail gets rough is always nice too, I rarely do 70mph, it's no fun anyway. I dont do dunes or mud.

What I am looking for:
-less maintenance on the clutch(gotta clean that oem every 500-600 miles), If this can be a set and forget until I reach 5000 miles it would be awesome.
-more belt life, not an issue yet but more is better even if I carry a spare all the time.
-more response at 25-30mph.
-keep the same cruising RPMs at 35-40mph(around 5000-5250 on flat) or lower it if possible?
-Make it easier to do slow stuff and be less scared of smoking the belt.
-If it ends up quieter a little this would be a big bonus.

A CVtech is what was recommended to me from my dealer, I have read tons of good review from them. There are other brands out there, I have been reading alot about them on the forum here but like I mentioned, I'm clueless about how to set these up for my liking and most of the topics regarding clutches have been more about guys who dune or mud and run 29.5 Gorilla Mudpit specials on them.

Thanks for any advise, Cheers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pick a good vender in your area for support. Cvtech are noisy from what I have researched. Have you checked out QSC (quad shop customs) clutch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the QSC clutch on my 2012 commander 1000 xt and love it. It will now pull the front tires in low and in hi range. It also pulls harder mid range through top end. Now it hits the speed limiter at 75 mph with no problem.
Mine came from Cold Blooded motor sports. I dealt with Kris and he was very knowledgeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts