Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a New 2011 1000 XT!

I cant say enough about this machine. WOW! Just spent the weekend at Durahmtown Plantation. This machine is the bomb. GP track was a blast! I am looking for some rides that are within 2 hours or so from the BlueRidge GA area. Would like to hook up with some other ridders.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to commandertalk. Enjoy your machine. I do not live near you to ride, but if you ever decide to take a vacation we have some great rides here in Utah, Paiute trail is fantastic and so is the Great Western Trail.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love to make it out there. I have been ridding in Cali a few times on rentals, but never made the trek with my own stuff. Been to the dunes just south of Pismo Beach and Glamis also. I travel alot and every chance I get I rent some 4 wheelers and go ridding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
North GA XT . Welcome to the Commander family. I live in SC and was thinking about a trip with the wife and kids to Durhamtown. Whats it like?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
North GA XT . Welcome to the Commander family. I live in SC and was thinking about a trip with the wife and kids to Durhamtown. Whats it like?
I like it, they have plenty of open trails and some tight stuff to go along with. very hard to get lost in the place, it is well signed! The camping is good and they have rental cabins also. we try to stay in the cabins when we go. Ridding is during the day only, but they do have some night rides from time to time. You would enjoy it. Give me some heads up when you are going and the wife and I will try to get out there the same weekend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lot's of groomed trails, GP track, Hill climbs, Mud hole, Un-groomed trails. You would love it. I would like to go there more often if I could. All trails are well marked and almost all the trails are one way. You will hit a few spots around someof the tracks that are well marked that they are two way traffic. I just sold my F-150 and will be getting a 2500 or 3500 very soon, as well as a larger trailer, let me know if you are going to head out there and i would love to come for a ride and show you around. You would love the GP track!

Thanks,
Dennis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts