Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's, is the oem plastic painted or is the yellow, red and gray colors blended into the plastic itself. I was wondering how it holds up to scratches.::)

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
It's impregnated in the plastic....and wished the black could "withstand scratches and come out looking good" better tho

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that's what I was hoping. I don't know why but black seems to be a hard color to keep clean and cover scratches.
I've been doing a lot of research and one thing I could not believe or understand is the Special Addition Rangers are painted and once they scratch the paint job looks like crap. Like walking on egg shells every time you take them out of your driveway.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
The yellow holds up pretty good but the black looks terrible, Last night I had to do some cleanup on mine, for reasons...lol, I tried windex and furniture polish and they both helped to camouflage the scatches somewhat, made the black more shiny..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know someone that would Pledge there car. They said it was cheap and much easier. I started using synthetic car wax on my vehicles and it works great. I have a 3/4 ton Ford Van and I used less than half a bottle last fall.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
The more people that will use Pledge on things, the more they will like it ...pretty much all plastics, jeep windows, gauge plastics, dashes...most anything that needs cleaned and shined in one step ....pledge can do it!

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts