Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm picking up new X this friday, told them to put a roof on it. now i'm seeing these aftermarket aluminum roofs that seem to look much better than the plastic looking roof that i think i have on the way...any suggestions?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I to had bought and installed my BRP visor and roof before I saw all these other roofs available to me but although they have a lower profile which makes them look better, the ability to quickly remove the roof and still keep the visor with all my goodies mounted to it is the reason I stayed with the BRP visor and roof.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. since i dont have any goodys installed yet, i'm leaning towards aluminum and can hopefully eventually do stereo and other stuff down the road with that

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Same here had mine ordered when I ordered my X so I went ahead and took it, glad I did, I'm always putting things in the pocket s above and forgetting that I put it up there..can take it on & off quickly also...:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love my fiberglass roof with the stereo built in from Audioformz! No metal sound reflection and won't warp like some plastic... Just saying

·
Registered
149 Posts
I went with the aluminum roof. I didn't really care for the looks of the plastic ones, figured they would crack if I hit a tree limb or flopped it over. The aluminum would probably give you a little better protection from objects projecting through roof in a roll over situation. My aluminum roof was pretty reasonable, way cheaper than the BRP. My roof also comes off quick, just undo 8 nuts/bolts and it's thick enough it doesn't make that metal tin type noise. It's all personal preference - for me I like the aluminum. Check out UTV inc. roof, that's what I run.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love my fiberglass roof with the stereo built in from Audioformz! No metal sound reflection and won't warp like some plastic... Just saying
Those roofs are sick.. what does something like that run? I did not see pricing on the site. Assume you got the stereo/speakers with yours from them as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the two tone top with the Sony head unit that has the drawer to put my iPhone in to play my song lists, 200 watt amp with the 6x9 Kicker speakers. $1983.00 shipped to my door. It is killer loud and clear,looks great on my X and worth every penny!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the two tone top with the Sony head unit that has the drawer to put my iPhone in to play my song lists, 200 watt amp with the 6x9 Kicker speakers. $1983.00 shipped to my door. It is killer loud and clear,looks great on my X and worth every penny!
Awesome... Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts