Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well... its about to happen...she's on the trailer and I'm hoping to get out of here about 6am...it been a fun 4 months of Stock Commander X and I have been thoroughly satisfied with how she runs and handles..but being one that has to take it up a notch- I'm committed.

Its off to the chop shop she goes....

I'm ready to make her a full on racer for BITD and SCORE...and maybe some other series if I can find the time...and money.

I've studied a number of other Can AM builds (not that there are many!) and I have decided to partner up with H-Town Performance (a forum sponsor here!) in Henderson Nv. They are going have a big part in building a race legal Commander..I will also have a yet to be named suspension Sponsor providing a custom race proven suspension built around and utilizing Elka shocks. Being a total newbie to racing UTV's (thus overly naive) I have also have enlisted a couple of great guys with many years of off-road and UTV racing experience as mentors....this will be dizzying experience over the next few months as we try and see if we can get ready for the next BITD race as well as the SCORE Baja 500 in June. Wish us luck!

With all that being said... I will have all the factory X equipment for sale... If you have PM'd me in the past asking about something... I will try and get back to you..but a reminder wouldn't hurt either... I will be keeping the wheels for a bit as I need them to roll the vehicle around during the build..but they eventually will be for sale.

I will try and do my best to document the build.. lots of sleepless nights to come... Wish us luck! (we're definitely going to need it)

I/A

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Working on disassembling this bad boy! will have pics tomorrow. Stay tuned, it's going to be good!

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Making some progress...Dale has started to mock up the frame using steel tubing and tape...just dont know how that tape will hold up in a rollover

With some of the parts showing up this week (hopefully) we can start working on placement of the BEARD Seats...MUZZY exhuast and fuel cell...the progress continues

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so just don't roll and you will be good to go...:):)Barbara
obviously you have not seen me drive!!! easier said than done!

thanks!

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys!

it's been a little slow the last couple of weeks...waiting on parts for the most part (fuel cell, exhaust, seats etc..) but things are starting to show up so Im off to Vegas to work with Dale and get the Driver- co-driver seats fitted- and do the final layout of the cage- pics to come soon!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Hey guys!

it's been a little slow the last couple of weeks...waiting on parts for the most part (fuel cell, exhaust, seats etc..) but things are starting to show up so Im off to Vegas to work with Dale and get the Driver- co-driver seats fitted- and do the final layout of the cage- pics to come soon!
Thanks Michael...I was checking cause we hadn't heard anything lately..:):):)

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I can't wait to see your pictures!!! ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking forward to seeing the progress Michael! Hey while your there, throw $50 on red for me :)

Hey Michael... not with my luck...leaving this afternoon for Vegas...looks like one of the two Beard seats is in...the Muzzy exhaust was suppose to get there yesterday- things are coming together...just got a new Lowrance HDS7...and radios from Rugged...Clutch went out to Adam at Airdam and the guys at Turnkey UTV say the suspension should be done is a couple of weeks..lights are there from Rigid...My Gizmo and CVT race belts arrived from Can Am-now Dale has the car completely mocked up and ready to start the real fabrication...hes hoping to have his part wrapped on in 2-3 more weeks (cage and aluminum) I'll post some pics when I get back.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, no real new pictures... we left Tucson really late Saturday(around 8p),because of some unseen delays and ended up driving about 4 hours thought the freak snow storm we had here in AZ and ended up getting to Henderson (basically Vegas) around 2 in the morning.... spend most of the next day (Sunday) with Dale going through the rest of the build-fitting the seats, fuel cell, exhaust etc...he thinks he's about 2 weeks out with the cage and aluminum work. Then it comes back to Tucson to do suspension (Turnkey UTV and Elka) and the rest of the hard stuff..

I even took Dale a new digital point and shoot so he can document the rest of his part of the build (no excuses now Dale!) I think we are all going to be impressed!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts