Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2012 1000 XT. The Can Am dealer is about 1 1/2 hours from me. How can I get Can Am oil change kit easier? Also Do I really need to use Can Am stuff? Is it better than others? K&N? Other synthetic oil? How often should I be changing the oil? I was told I should change it every time I go to the coast. Not Cheap! But thats fine if thats what needs to be done. Does the commander burn more oil than say a 800 quad? My oil low warning came on for about 2 seconds at the end of the day. Second day of driving after oil change. Is this common? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My commander has never burned any oil. I use amsoil in my X and its not cheap either but its delivered to your house if you order online. Grand total for everything including a pump is 120.91 and thats also with extra engine oil and shipping. Then order a filter from any online accessories shop. I get mine from sidebysidesports.com. They have good customer service. I get 4 quarts of 0w40 4 stroke oil (calls for 2.2 I think), 2 quarts of 75w140 (tranny and rear diff) and 1 quart of 75w90 (front diff). Never had any problems. Run it for a few minutes after oil change and recheck your oils as I usually have to add a little more engine oil to mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts