Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It says to replace the oil drain plug washer EVERY time you change the oil. Is this necessary?
Besides BRP where can you get these washers. It's a round trip of 60 miles to my dealer for this washer???????
On your car they don't change this every time you change your oil.

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
Most will not at each oil change with no Ill effects......and really the worst that could happen is very minor oil weeping around it...no biggie, IMO

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
7 Posts
I get mine from a special little stash at work! Worst thing that can happen is a little oil coming by it, no biggie but I am the type of person that hates any kind of leak bc It makes me worry! I mean come on they cost what maybe a buck a piece

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did my first oil change today at 300 miles. For break in oil it was pretty brown. Good thing is that there wasn't anything on the plug magnet.
How long do those plastic rivets last? Can't see them lasting too long.

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
When I did my oil change I used Mystik 0w-40. Anyone else using this oil? How many miles are you running before changes?
http://docs.mystiklubes.com/msds_pi/M20080.pdf
Our small town has limited brands of oil, so I use Valvoline products in the Commander and Rhintax.....I change oils when I fits my schedule more than the machine's... lol...but it's definitely more offer than factory prescribed.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.