Can-Am Commander Forums: Can-Am SSV Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed or checked the oil in the front and rear differentials? I looked at the front one this weekend and I am clueless. I do not see a way to changed the oil.

Any ideas?

BigD

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
See attached diagrams. On the front diff. #23 is the drain plug. #28 is the fill/level plug. On the rear diff. #26 is the drain plug. #28 is the fill/level plug. Hope this helps.

Man... Sorry the pics are so small. Michael, is there anything you can do with these pics? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that worked. Wow, I saw the front drain plug and I have no idea how to get to it. Would either have to drill a hole through the frame or lift the front differential out. You can barely see it from the passenger side looking over the wheel.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes, that worked. Wow, I saw the front drain plug and I have no idea how to get to it. Would either have to drill a hole through the frame or lift the front differential out. You can barely see it from the passenger side looking over the wheel.
Cool, glad it worked. Sorry about the small pics. Just copied & pasted, figured they would be larger. I haven't looked about changing the diff. fluids yet but it's comming. Hopefully by that time someone will have figured out the easy way of changing it.
Later on

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Cool, glad it worked. Sorry about the small pics. Just copied & pasted, figured they would be larger. I haven't looked about changing the diff. fluids yet but it's comming. Hopefully by that time someone will have figured out the easy way of changing it.
Later on
No, YOU do it FIRST and tell us......get to it man!...:running::running:......:giggle:....Lance

·
Registered
69 Posts
I changed both front and rear diif and gearbox. Got to the fill plug in front with a long allen wrench but it took the paint off the frame as it turned.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No, YOU do it FIRST and tell us......get to it man!...:running::running:......:giggle:....Lance
Ok, (drink a beer) rip up-n-down the street to warm the fluids & piss off the neighbors. (drink a beer) Crack open the fill/level plug to allow the old fluid to run out easyer. (drink a beer) Crack open the drain plug & let er drain till it stops. (drink a beer) Reinstall drain plug. (drink a beer) Fill with correct diff. fluid till it starts to run out the fill/level hole. (drink a beer) reinstall fill/level plug. (drink a beer) Rip up-n-down the street, piss off the neighbors. (drink a beer) check for leaks. (drink a beer) see... it aint nothing a 12 pack can't handle. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Ok, (drink a beer) rip up-n-down the street to warm the fluids & piss off the neighbors. (drink a beer) Crack open the fill/level plug to allow the old fluid to run out easyer. (drink a beer) Crack open the drain plug & let er drain till it stops. (drink a beer) Reinstall drain plug. (drink a beer) Fill with correct diff. fluid till it starts to run out the fill/level hole. (drink a beer) reinstall fill/level plug. (drink a beer) Rip up-n-down the street, piss off the neighbors. (drink a beer) check for leaks. (drink a beer) see... it aint nothing a 12 pack can't handle. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
You are only 75% there Hillbilly!!!!!
.no....sorry...didn't mean to offend you, I meant you only drank 9 of your 12 beers!!!......:rofl::rofl:.....Lance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts