Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend (warmed up about 5mins)just cruised easy over to a staging area & back to camp about a mile round trip...parked for about 20mins..and decided to head over to Rhinorehabs camp so we all took cruised easy for about 400yds then I stomped on it and it cut out and missed and went into limp home mode...shut it off (one thing I did notice was even though I had been driving it a little earlier I had no bars on the water temp)and the 1st thing I did was make sure the dip stick was still in..it was...started it back up and still had limp home...so I shut it down again....waited about 30secs...started it back up (had one bar on water temp) and it was fine...ran fine the rest of the weekend...:unsure:
Thought I would pass this info on..or does someone else have an idea of why it happened...Barbara

·
Registered
22 Posts
A clogged radiator? no idea.... I would guess low collant or partial clog.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A clogged radiator? no idea.... I would guess low collant or partial clog.
Thanks Alex..never gave that a thought since I've only riden in sand..

and it may have just been a fluke....Barbara

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks Alex..never gave that a thought since I've only riden in sand..

and it may have just been a fluke....Barbara
I always add gauges to my UTV so I don't have to guess what is going on. They are cheap from autozone and it will give you a piece of mind to see your actual water temp, oil pressure or oil temp. I've seen a few Rhino blow a head gasket cause they never knew that their water temp was rising.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I hit limp mode for the first time on that trip too. I was hill climbing and hit a little lip on the way up that unloaded the suspension. I just turned it off for a few seconds and it was fine...

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I hit limp mode for the first time on that trip too. I was hill climbing and hit a little lip on the way up that unloaded the suspension. I just turned it off for a few seconds and it was fine...
I've read a dozen threads elsewhere with peeps commenting on getting this limp home mode, and every one was cleared by shutting off their machine, cussing for a minute, restarting and riding as nothing ever happened .....sensors fighting with the ECU is my opinion ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine read the limp home when I was going about 30mph. Nothing changed so, I pressed it to the floor. Limp home reading left and has not come on since. ??? I changed my oil for 10 hr service as unable to get to dealer and the Maintenance required reading comes on each time I start it. Don't have my manual with me when it does this and I do not think about it until machine is started.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ricefarmer I have had my maintenance soon....for about 5 months now...one of these days we will take time to read how to remove it...LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too was plugging along (15-20 mph) when my limp light illuminated. Like the majority of you, I shut it off, re-started and rode the rest of the day without a glitch. What gives?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Ody...next time I won't be so quick to shut it off...The only thing I remember is limp home and the check engine light on...if it ever happens again I won't panic as much and see what the whole read out says...

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Thanks Ody...next time I won't be so quick to shut it off...The only thing I remember is limp home and the check engine light on...if it ever happens again I won't panic as much and see what the whole read out says...

Yea me too! Mine was in Limp mode when I started it up the day afer the Durhamtown race. I thought WTH! Tryed too shut it down, disconnect the battery etc to no avail. Was still in Limp mode when I pulled it off the trailer at the dealer. When the Tech pulled it in the shop it was gone. So you can imagine they were doughting me at that point. So with much perseverance on my part they finally called the factory.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, Barbara, I found it. Press the overide switch and the brakealternately three times. This is "supposed" to do it. :unsure:
Thanks riceburner, I may try that over memorial Weekend...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine read the limp home when I was going about 30mph. Nothing changed so, I pressed it to the floor. Limp home reading left and has not come on since. ??? I changed my oil for 10 hr service as unable to get to dealer and the Maintenance required reading comes on each time I start it. Don't have my manual with me when it does this and I do not think about it until machine is started.
I have the same message on my commander what was your solution.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Manual says press overide then brake alternately three times. It does not remove maintenance required, though. ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts