Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we're down at Riley Ranch this weekend and did some hard riding on Saturday ....Sundays are for safer and easier rides...will someone please tell that to BLR?....she won't listen to me! ..

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I think I will pass on being your passenger, I will stick with driving my own, thank you very much. By the way porcupines are hard on tires; dang thing was hiding on a blind corner.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think this would have taken off the passenger's face from what I saw....scared the crap outta me be being right behind her....

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going thru the trails we are always hitting branches and they just bounce off, well this TREE didn't just bounce off, I was going at a pretty good clip following a couple of quads..I seen.. knew I would hit it, but never let up...I was always told when indoubt power out...:rofl:...well the Cow didn't have enough power to power out of it, it happened so fast that it actualy turned me 90* and stopped me.

Lance tried pulling the tree and it just bounces the Rhintax around....

I finally had to keep going back and forth till I loosed the roots up enough for Lance to pull the tree out of the ground...

The funniest part is when the fire extinguisher went off and covered me..

a friend was videoing it on his phone and posted it on my FB page...Barbara Elliott Rowland... if you want a good laugh...this will be a story for a long time around the campfire and for some reason no one wants to ride with me...:rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Going thru the trails we are always hitting branches and they just bounce off, well this TREE didn't just bounce off, I was going at a pretty good clip following a couple of quads..I seen.. knew I would hit it, but never let up...I was always told when indoubt power out...:rofl:...well the Cow didn't have enough power to power out of it, it happened so fast that it actualy turned me 90* and stopped me.

Lance tried pulling the tree and it just bounces the Rhintax around....

I finally had to keep going back and forth till I loosed the roots up enough for Lance to pull the tree out of the ground...

The funniest part is when the fire extinguisher went off and covered me..

a friend was videoing it on his phone and posted it on my FB page...Barbara Elliott Rowland... if you want a good laugh...this will be a story for a long time around the campfire and for some reason no one wants to ride with me...:rofl:
:rofl:..just realized I was logged in as Lance...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Damn! I saw your other post about looking for a pasenger net due to some branhes ripping it & thought nothing of it - until I saw this pic with a tree going through your cab, not even doors would of helped with that one. You give a new meaning to "tree shots" up there.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Damn! I saw your other post about looking for a pasenger net due to some branhes ripping it & thought nothing of it - until I saw this pic with a tree going through your cab, not even doors would of helped with that one. You give a new meaning to "tree shots" up there.
Lol..it's always exciting when you ride with me...as Lance says never a dull moment with you Barbara

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
So I guess the burning question is, did the tree become the fire on the beach later in the day? Glad no one was hurt, when your fire extinguisher went off at first I thought it was your Commander going down in smoke. Glad it was the fire extinguisher instead and that you did not breathe all the chemicals into your lungs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm thinking Lance will never ride shotgun with you again. Definately hazardous to his health. Is Riley Ranch the campground between Spinreel & Hauser? If it is do they have dune access now? Or is this a different area?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
So I guess the burning question is, did the tree become the fire on the beach later in the day? Glad no one was hurt, when your fire extinguisher went off at first I thought it was your Commander going down in smoke. Glad it was the fire extinguisher instead and that you did not breathe all the chemicals into your lungs.
No we didn't burn it dang FS frowns upon dune fires..lol

yes when the fire extinguisher 1st went off Lance thought I had smoked the belt when it went off the 2nd time he headed for his fire extinguisher cause he heard someone yell fire (he couldn't see the cow thru the tree)and then everyone started laughing and he thought WTF laughing about a fire..then you heard Chad yell no fire..just fire extinguisher going off..:rofl:...

Lance said after we got back to the trailer..."I love you... you make life interesting"..I'm not sure how to take the 2nd part of that comment...:rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'm thinking Lance will never ride shotgun with you again. Definately hazardous to his health. Is Riley Ranch the campground between Spinreel & Hauser? If it is do they have dune access now? Or is this a different area?
That's why I had to buy the Cow...the dog and I didn't want to ride with Lance anymore...:rofl:..we had been flopped a few times...:giggle:..

when I have a passenger I am a little more cautious...sometimes depends how much adult beverage the passenger has taken in...

Yes That is correct about Riley Ranch..they NOW have the dune access road open...

let us know when you come up...that is our new favorite campground..have reservations for an April & July outtings

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have not been riding where you are riding your machines, I have driven past there a number of time on my way up to Ocean Park Washington when I feel like taking the long road. I love the Oregon and Washington coasts, need to spend more time out there.

I probably would have claimed ignorance and said that it was self defense burning that tree after all it tried to kill me earlier in the day.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I have not been riding where you are riding your machines, I have driven past there a number of time on my way up to Ocean Park Washington when I feel like taking the long road. I love the Oregon and Washington coasts, need to spend more time out there.

I probably would have claimed ignorance and said that it was self defense burning that tree after all it tried to kill me earlier in the day.
LOL..I will prolly meet up with the same tree and it will have a death this time...lol:rofl:

next time you come this way...I can take you for a ride...:giggle:...:unsure:
:rofl:...no one else is trusting me

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's why I had to buy the Cow...the dog and I didn't want to ride with Lance anymore...:rofl:..we had been flopped a few times...:giggle:..

when I have a passenger I am a little more cautious...sometimes depends how much adult beverage the passenger has taken in...

Yes That is correct about Riley Ranch..they NOW have the dune access road open...

let us know when you come up...that is our new favorite campground..have reservations for an April & July outtings
We'll be up there sand camping in mid-July at Hauser in our usual spot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts