Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK RANT ON..............

There are people in this world that I so want to meet so I can Ask "WTH were you Thinking?" I am going to add the maker of these Plastic rivets that seem to be everywhere holding body parts together and are in the most difficult places to get to.........arrrrrgggggg.......:cry:

Also I want to know how everything I drop while working on my Cow manages to find the holes in the floor and ends up on the skidplate just out of reach..........arrrrrrggggggg

Oh Rant Off.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
If what fell onto of the skid plate is a plastic rivet leave it where it fell. It will fall out without damaging anything. If it is metal, magnets work well for retrieving them unless they are nonferrous. If it is nonferrous, dang, you just might have to drop down a skid plate, ugh. I have felt your pain; I have a baggie in my garage that has around 100 plastic rivets in it just for my commander. The plastic rivets are not that expensive if you buy them online.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL..Chris..we buy the rivets by the bushell...LBR made a tool for removing ours...I know how to use it very well...
Yeah I have a couple of tools.......But they just don't fit in all places, like up behind the steering wheel area........Where are you getting the new rivets at? I found the thread taking me to a GM one comes in a 100pk. for 8mm holes? is this the one?
TR 205B / BulkPak / 100pcs. GM/Sat. (Note: Works on Commander 1000xt)

and so it goes.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had bought some GM one but they were not an exact fix, you might have found some that are I don't know. But I bought mine from checkcyclepart.com and ordered the oem ones from them

·
Registered
188 Posts
That is a great price, thank you for sharing Lance. I had ordered some before from another place but they did not fit right, but they were not for a Saturn, I ordered some today, I am always looking for one or two after I take something apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts