Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said picking it up tomorrow. I'm brand new to side by side coming from a Grizzly. What can I look out for. Any positive's / negatives and also will my 2012 still have the " Commander Clunk." Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Congrats!!...the clunk is a normal sound from the helix engagement when you, for instance, go from park into drive and start to go....you'll know it when it happens, so don't be alarmed....it happens only once until you stop, change gears or go into park, then drive again....and there is no charge for this feature as it's standard and not optional....:giggle:

·
Registered
188 Posts
LBR you always make me laugh, my niece drove mine the other day and she starts to go and stops, she had this worried look on her face and goes what am I dragging. I was puzzled until she explained she heard this noise. Maybe I should buy a maintenance key for her to drive it around.
:eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats.... I am reading up to find out what i can expect as well. I have the wife onboard as long as i wait till my child support is over.... my son turns 19 in June so it won't be long.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
188 Posts
Maybe they designed that clunk noise in for that one blind guy out there one the dunes to let him know it is starting to move and not just the wind in his face.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
LBR you always make me laugh, my niece drove mine the other day and she starts to go and stops, she had this worried look on her face and goes what am I dragging. I was puzzled until she explained she heard this noise. Maybe I should buy a maintenance key for her to drive it around.
:eek:
I would love to give you niece a high five for being so alert and cautious after reacting like that ...many people will just ignore an odd sound and run the crap out of someone else's investment ...she is a keeper and could drive my machinery anytime.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts