Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am having a lot of winning noise coming out of my rear end or gear box my sxs is only a week old and I have app 7 miles on her the sound is overtaking the motors rumble is there anybody out there that can help me figure out the problem or as anybody hade the same issue as myself???????? please help:cry:

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Almost everyone has complained of the noises these machine make. Use the search feature here and plug in some basic keywords 'noise, rearend, rearend noise, whine, transmission' and so on.....plenty of info on it.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes there are alot of people complaining of this noise, but there are no real answers. I have a 2013 800 with 200 miles and it makes lots of rearend noise, you can easily hear it over the motor when driving and it quits when you let off the gas. Is it really a problem or is it just the way they all are should I be concerned?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
As mentioned before, most owners complain of the rear-end noise. The real reason is because the ring and pinion are straight cut gears. Can-Am apparently figured it out since the new Mav has good old spiral cut gears. The answer to the Commanders noise is either an XMR rear-end or at least a spiral cut ring and pinion properly setup.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

·
Registered
28 Posts
my 2012 is currently in the Shop getting its rear end replaced as the gears were not lined up correctly?????

First of all thanks to warranty I owe noting (so far)

So I would contact your dealer and work with them........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts