Can-Am Commander Forums banner

poker run in HELL on Earth!!!

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  commanderguy 
#1 ·
The commander hit the dirt at the Slash X Poker run. I forgot how amazing the commander is in the hard dirt. Barstow is the offroad HELL for anything except a trophy Truck or Class 1 car. The terrain is insanely rutted up and rocky. There are obstacle just waiting to make your life and weekend a nightmare. Once you break good luck getting that UTV out of there..lol. The poker run had lots of cars XP, Rzr, Rhino, Teryx, VW buggys, custom trucks, bikes, etc.. and even though it wasn't a race guys were running all out. I felt sorry for vehicles without a REAL GOOD long travel. I've always been a desert guy but Barstow made me want to return to Glamis asap...lol Glamis with its huge bowls and fast but relatively smooth terrain was something that ran through my head as I hit endless whoops all day. These whoops were not like normal desert whoops but HUGE with rocks all over the place. It was a good day in the commander. BTW I recently got the diff replace (warranty) and the whine is gone. All I heard all day was the deep grunt of the rotax motor and the deeper roar of the muzzy exhaust. It was wonderful being able to hear the pitch of your motor. I actually had to re-learn the different sounds of car. The best part was running in huge whoops at top speed with the hum of the rotax motor running down a pack of XP drivers and pulling off to the side trail to past them.....PRICELESS. My rear suspension is a little tight but as long as I stay on the throttle and kept in it the car track true and straight. Andrew is going to fix the pre-load and the springs so that this makes the it handle even better.

See less See more
#3 ·
that sounds like a good time, I have been thinking about trying to get Lance to go to Jawbone sometime.
I'm getting to where I like trails better then the dunes, The dunes are so close we take them for granted and we have to travel to ride trails, so usually it's an adventure just to get there..lol

#5 ·
No if you don't have an LT on your ride you didn't want to be there. If you had an LT on your ride you still really don't want to be there...lol. Barstow is just rough, rocky and brutal.

BLR as Flying Bryan will tell you Jawbone is the perfect place for a UTV. It is nice to have LT but you don't necessarily need it. Its fast, technical, scenic, and wide open. There are hundreds if not thousand of miles of trails between Jawbone, Dove Springs, Cal City, and Ridgecrest to ride. It is my favorite place to ride.

Diesel I have Andrew Buckshot at Buckshot Racings LT Kit. Riding it out in Barstow show him how to improve the kit for the roughest of terrain. There is definitely room for improvement in the pre-load and spring selection so that the car is more capable in the crazy truck whoops that seem to be all over the place in Barstow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.