Can-Am Commander Forums banner

Poll..2012 models..are you buying one

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am not getting one...until my sxs is dead...Any-way the all new cow does look way-good all dressed up:)

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I am not getting one...until my sxs is dead...Any-way the all new cow does look way-good all dressed up:)
Until you see the LE msrp! ...where did THAT come from? ...lol ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pure Magnesium Limited. Deposit is put down, now just waiting for Can-am to ship it to my dealer.

The biggest problem now is that it gives me time to think about what accessories I want to add. I get a one time 20% discount on accessories, so I'm doing a lot of thinking (and overtime) lately!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Pure Magnesium Limited. Deposit is put down, now just waiting for Can-am to ship it to my dealer.

The biggest problem now is that it gives me time to think about what accessories I want to add. I get a one time 20% discount on accessories, so I'm doing a lot of thinking (and overtime) lately!
Nice.!! ...and do take advantage of that 20% off treat ....it helps sooth the pain some to get some goodies at a sizable reduction in price .....Lance

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Congrats....that is going to a beau....have you got to see the color in person or just in pictures..

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I like the blue BUT i dont like the new prices you will have to be a rich man to own one soon!
That would be a super fine rig to cruise on the street also.....I don't think I would have the heart to get it all scratched up or muddy ....you dudes in utv street legal states are soooooo lucky to ride the asphalt in a SxS ...I HATE YOU ALL.!!!!!! ....LOL! ....Lance

·
Registered
39 Posts
After a lot of research and agonizing over what I should buy, I ordered an 800R XT in Camo today. Will be in sometime around the middle of October.

Can-Am snow plow & cover. Bad Dawg hard roof, half windshield, and LH/RH rear storage containers. Echo trailer.

:dance:

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got to check out a 2012 Limited the other day while dropping off the Commander for service.

They incorporated a standard mp3 hook up along with an iPod/iPhone specific hook-up in the glove box. I'm sure you would have to take special consideration to keep an mp3 player well protected in there. The stereo's audio quality is good with nice bass response. No distortion at full volume.

The Garmin GPS is cool also and even includes a digital camera. Seemed like a good all-round GPS unit.

The air suspension seemed to have plenty of adjustability but I didn't get in depth with it. The ability to decrease/increase the ride height would be beneficial in a lot of situations.

The color has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

Altogether, BRP really knocked it out of the park. Let's hope they're able to find a firm niche for the Limited in the marketplace. Especially with the additional sticker shock.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
After a lot of research and agonizing over what I should buy, I ordered an 800R XT in Camo today. Will be in sometime around the middle of October.

Can-Am snow plow & cover. Bad Dawg hard roof, half windshield, and LH/RH rear storage containers. Echo trailer.

:dance:
You are gonna love it! ...I know you were up in the air getting this or the Rhino ...what made you decide on the Commander?

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Got to check out a 2012 Limited the other day while dropping off the Commander for service.

They incorporated a standard mp3 hook up along with an iPod/iPhone specific hook-up in the glove box. I'm sure you would have to take special consideration to keep an mp3 player well protected in there. The stereo's audio quality is good with nice bass response. No distortion at full volume.

The Garmin GPS is cool also and even includes a digital camera. Seemed like a good all-round GPS unit.

The air suspension seemed to have plenty of adjustability but I didn't get in depth with it. The ability to decrease/increase the ride height would be beneficial in a lot of situations.

The color has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

Altogether, BRP really knocked it out of the park. Let's hope they're able to find a firm niche for the Limited in the marketplace. Especially with the additional sticker shock.
Sounds like they hit it good....wonder why they didn't equip it with the QE frontend tho? .....do you think that is about all they skipped on installing in the limited or was there something else that you would have liked to seen on it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
You are gonna love it! ...I know you were up in the air getting this or the Rhino ...what made you decide on the Commander?

Yeah. As you know, I'm a long time Yamaha motorcycle owner/rider and have had nothing but success with their products.

There were a lot of reasons why I chose the Can-Am. But the bottom line was really very simple - there were no new Rhinos available that I could find within my area. I was only able to test ride a 2009 Rhino 450. Couldn't even test a reasonably current model. One dealer had promised both a used 700 FI and a new one next month for me to look at. Then he got back with me and told me that both had fallen through and tried to sell me a Polaris Ranger. No one else had anything.

That kinda killed the Rhino option. You can't consider something that isn't available.

So, the Commander had a lot of features and technology that impressed the heck out of me. I was uninterested in the other brands for a variety of reasons. I loved the Commander test ride (man, those seats are impressive!) and the dealer made me a nice deal on the machine, trailer, and Can-Am accessories as a package deal (Bad Dawg stuff bought elsewhere). He actually has one coming in that was exactly what I wanted, so done deal.

[Edit: In the end, I think I wound up with the better SxS, anyway.] Very excited and can't wait for it to get in. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Awesome congratulations to ya ....it will do everything that you need it for....and remember if that viscolock really becomes a negative focus for you, there is that QE upgrade that will lock up much better for your plowing chores ....Lance

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awesome congratulations to ya ....it will do everything that you need it for....and remember if that viscolock really becomes a negative focus for you, there is that QE upgrade that will lock up much better for your plowing chores ....Lance

Yep, will keep that in mind. Always an option, if needed. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks, and best of luck on your decision! :)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts