Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have our favorite places to ride, please show pictures or videos of some of them...don't be shy post them up...:)

here is a picture from the resting spot (lake behind us)at Winchester Bay, Oregon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pagosa Springs Colorodo

Vacation time this summer. One of my favorite rides.
Elwood Pass, east fork of the San Juan, Pagosa Springs Colorado
My Home Town, live in New Mexico now but go there every year to ride.
Ride all day hit the hot springs in Pagosa for a soak.

Only about a 30 mile ride but up and over the high peaks. Still snow in late July.
Commander 800xt took it like a champ, very rocky and we had me, my wife and our little girl. Yes bolted down car seat, helmet, glasses. Lol and a very large ice chest.
Very rocky, very vertical country, one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Well I uninstalled and reinstalled TapaTalk ....we'll see if pics can post now

This is Shasta _Chappie in northern Cali........maybe ...lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think after all the years I've been through Shasta on my way to the Oregon Dunes, this year was the fullest I've ever seen Shasta lake - nice pic

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think after all the years I've been through Shasta on my way to the Oregon Dunes, this year was the fullest I've ever seen Shasta lake - nice pic
From our understanding it's only happened the last 2 years...for sometime...you need to join us next year...it was one of the best times we had haved...even thought we were with 13 RZR's....camped below the damn for 4 days

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is there plenty of room to get large toyhauers in there or do need a smaller trailer, is it dry camping or regular campground? Sounds fun either way.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Is there plenty of room to get large toyhauers in there or do need a smaller trailer, is it dry camping or regular campground? Sounds fun either way.
The larger haulers fit fine in the campground, which is dry camping....you cross over Shasta Dam and down the hill close to 1 mile and that is the campground....Dam closes to non-emergency traffic at 10:00 PM I believe it was.

Search out 'Shasta Dam' in Google Earth and you can get a real good feel for the campground.....Lance

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Wish I could have made it, but I did get to Mammoth on Saturday to do a little riding up to 10,700 feet on McGee Mt. and then over to Glass Mt.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wish I could have made it, but I did get to Mammoth on Saturday to do a little riding up to 10,700 feet on McGee Mt. and then over to Glass Mt.
Is that the Mammoth on the way to Sand Mountain?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanksgiving in Florence, Oregon with a few friends ...Sure miss the Cah-Mandi so looking forward to getting it back...i was beat up for 3 days on my blaster

1 - 18 of 18 Posts