Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a product for the commander that works just like they state it would. The power commander was installed and tuned on my commander today. The fuel management features works sooo much better than the digitune that came with the muzzy exhaust. Any one want my Digitune? The fuel management can adjust for any rpm up or down and even shows you the stock map so you have a base point of operation. Put it on a dyno and now you can adjust for load. After tuning the car with the power commander my muzzy system performs so much better the car was 6 mphs faster over the same distance.

The power commander also allowed you to advanced the timing. Timing was advanced 6 degrees and hp went up by 3 on 87 fuel

Jason Weller at Weller Racing was the shop that tune the car and got everything dialed in.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
That's great to hear...I'm getting the same response with fine tuning my Rhintax ..shows that time and diligence pays off for us Rotax owners, eh?

sent by my possibly salvagable Droid I

·
Registered
3 Posts
Commanderguy, do you feel that with the Muzzy exhaust and the Power Commander V that the performance is improved over stock? Does it have as much low end torque as with the stock exhaust? I have heard that many have noted a reduction in HP and low end torque when switching to an aftermarket exhaust system. Just curious, I want the Muzzy sport exhaust but do not want to lose any performance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Commanderguy, do you feel that with the Muzzy exhaust and the Power Commander V that the performance is improved over stock? Does it have as much low end torque as with the stock exhaust? I have heard that many have noted a reduction in HP and low end torque when switching to an aftermarket exhaust system. Just curious, I want the Muzzy sport exhaust but do not want to lose any performance.
Muzzy is actually full of crap with this mod. The digitune will add fuel but is soooo bad that the vehicle is worst off overall. The inability of the system to adjust across the rpm range or load cause the car to perform worst or lose power. It is either too rich on the low end or too lead on top. No way to make it perfect throughout the rpm range or load like the Powercommander. Torque is down with this exhuast but with the power commander HP is up about 3 HP. Then add the ability to adjust timing the car got another 3 hp by advancing the timing 6 degrees. You can feel the lost of torque but the mid range is stronger and top end is strong. I only keep the exhaust because I'm doing motor mods and I need a free flowing exhaust. Otherwise the muzzy setup with the digitune is going backwards as others have reported.

If you have a good performance shop with a dyno and they are familar with the powercommander then it will make your muzzy setup better overall in HP. Unfortunately Torque will be lower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts