Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who makes teh best eps unit and how hard is it to install, work the money and work?? do they truly provide great responce and true power steering??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the eps unit made by Wicked Built on my 2011 800XT. Install was very simple and the directions were extremely easy to follow. Riding in Alaska we mostly run on 4 wheeler or quad trails with a lot of roots, rocks and stumps in them. The eps has made steering a breeze and has all but done away with the "Bump Steer" effect when you hit one of the above mentioned items. It was definately worth the $$ and time to install it for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
who makes teh best eps unit and how hard is it to install, work the money and work?? do they truly provide great responce and true power steering??
Yes ans Yes.
Do yourself a favor and install the Rackzilla at same time.

You will have to buy it sooner or later anyways, so its less labor to do at same time, rather than one now and one later.

both are Wicked Built brand and Matt from ATV Outfitters has the best prices i have heard of so far .

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
If you get the Rackzilla you can also order it with quick turn ratio but it only can be used with EPS because it would be to hard to turn all the time without EPS.

Wicked from ATVOutfitters is the only way to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i think i got ripped off

hey just wondering if any one can tell me ...does it take 6 hours to install a power steering unit in a 2012 commander ltd like my dealer charged me ......

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
hey just wondering if any one can tell me ...does it take 6 hours to install a power steering unit in a 2012 commander ltd like my dealer charged me ......
Well I took just under 3 hours the first time but over a couple of days a little at a time. Then I got the Commander frame replaced so I installed it a second time with some problems because the frame was different and it took about 2 hours because I had to run to the store for bolts. 3 hours is all it should take the first time and no more than 2 hours if you have done it before.

But the dealers should have given you a price before the work was done.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was going to do it myself, but my dealer offered to do it for me for $75.00, they had done a few for some other people I know and they did a great job. It did not look all that hard to do, but for that price, I thought why do it yourself.

·
Registered
188 Posts
They did a real nice job on it, it has been a pleasure to work with them even though I drive past two other dealers to work with them instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts