Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Just bought a new 2012 XP 1000 and was standing in awe of its obsurdly nice cockpit. How am I to clean the consol? Is is safe to blast the whole machine (inside and out) with a power washer and sponge?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Hehe...you said blast and power washer in the same sentence .....I use a lower pressure garden hose on the lower, non critical parts and a damp rag on the critical upper dash parts ....but that's just me

We dune and have sand at the end of the weekends .....a garden hose is all I ever use anywhere on our utvs ....the high pressure washers can do more damage than good if not careful is my premise and rule of thumb....you must be a mudder, trail rider?

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah mostly mudding and trail ridin for this guy (Missouri). Odyknuck is right. The mud can be like seasoned concrete once its dries. Think ill reserve the power washer for the undercarriage and garden hose and sponge for most everything else. WD40 on the plastic? Is that kind of like spraying Pam on a frying pan?

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
"Is that kind of like spraying Pam on a frying pan?" Ha! Ha! pretty much. I use the pressure washer on the whole machine. By varying the distance from the machine you can control the actual velocity of the water. Just be careful with decals and hit them straight on as to not lift the edges. They are really durable and will stay on. Careful arounf any seals like in the wheel spindles and differentials.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Hey all, Just bought a new 2012 XP 1000 and was standing in awe of its obsurdly nice cockpit. How am I to clean the consol? Is is safe to blast the whole machine (inside and out) with a power washer and sponge?
Uh..... Am I the only one who wants to know what an XP 1000 is?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
LOL..thanks for the laugh this morning...as I was reading and got to the "obsurbly nice cockpit" I knew you meant XT....not an XP..

and Lance remeber, we did have to use the pressure washer to get the Morrow County glue off of both the Commander & Rhintax,
we learned to remove before it gets baked on...:giggle:

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Sorry for going astray here jblack....we have fun mixed in with the serious stuff ....I tried putting Pam on my hood and the wife got mad!...:eek:.....;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha! If I only knew there were so many characters on here I would have come on sooner. Yes, I indeed meant XT and holy moly are those things nasty! Ive been a Grizzly guy for years so I figured I see what all the hype was about. These these things are sick and I aint going back. Thanks for all the sarcasm and helpful comments. Ill be back for more as soon as I have another retarded question.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Ha! If I only knew there were so many characters on here I would have come on sooner. Yes, I indeed meant XT and holy moly are those things nasty! Ive been a Grizzly guy for years so I figured I see what all the hype was about. These these things are sick and I aint going back. Thanks for all the sarcasm and helpful comments. Ill be back for more as soon as I have another retarded question.
Bring it!...we got forks and can dish it out

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Dont sweat it man. It just let me know that Im asking the right bunch of guys.
Yeah....well don't let that bite ya in your can, cause that BLR is a she and you haven't tangoed with her yet! ...lol.....cheers dude ...:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Yeah....well don't let that bite ya in your can, cause that BLR is a she and you haven't tangoed with her yet! ...lol.....cheers dude ...:thumbup:

LBR your on thin ice.....I want my Cowmander back...:)

have a Commander well sort of

1 - 20 of 20 Posts