Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my new doors this weekend and found that the slam latch bracket is difficult to adjust and it is a little to flimsy for my taste. Their brackets do support the existing bracket for the net latch but when shutting the door it still moves back and forth and dosent seem to be as stable as i'd like. So I came up with and adjustable brace setup for the drivers door using some snowmobile parts. I did something similar for the passenger side but this is non adjustable being the glove box is in the way. Now both doors shut and open with no effort and dont rattle when going down the trail. You would think for $600 Pro Armor would have come up with the necessary brackets to stiffen these latches up? Anyways I am very pleased with my setup and if anyone is interested in these parts for their doors I have them.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Using the existing side net buckle mounts for the door latchs has been a concern of mine all along. It is not strong enough to use for a door latch with out some trianglution support. I view doors as a safety feature on the Commander not somehing to keep the mud out. A roll on your side and the door could do personal damage to your body. Curious what you did to add the support. If I go with doors i will be welding support tubes to the brackets.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ody.. I installed an adjustable brace because to line the doors up and get them to shut properly the latch assy has to be moved in the correct position. If you weld the bracket tight you will have a problem getting doors to shut because the slam latch door pin binds on their bracket. If you make your bracing adjustable, you can fine tune the bracket to accomodate the door pin making the opening and closing of the door effortless. The parts cost about $65 if I were to buy them new. I used some parts I had laying around at my snowmobile shop for a prototype. This really makes the doors more rigid and safe in a roll over situation.

·
Registered
49 Posts
door mod

I have been talking to Bob, at Blingstar, he did much of the design and development on their doors. he indicated to me that they tied their driver's side jamb and latch to the mount for the steering assembly and on the passenger side to the grab handle mounting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been talking to Bob, at Blingstar, he did much of the design and development on their doors. he indicated to me that they tied their driver's side jamb and latch to the mount for the steering assembly and on the passenger side to the grab handle mounting.
On the drivers side, that's what I've done with my Pro Armor door latch...... works real nice. On the passenger side I beefed it up with a bracket attached to the side of the glove box. I beefed up the side of the glove box plastic to attach the bracket on to it.

By the way, all this stuff is covered up when you reinstall the side panel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts