Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got good news from my dealer today,new diff is in to replace the noisy one on my 2011 xt.Well after a short discussion he said,but were not going to install it because they said they just did one and the customer said it was noisier then the old one and it was my call weather to do it or not and im not:(So here's what I was told by my dealer after he had talked to our brp rep and told him how noisy it was the BRP rep said that BRP had a meeting this morning and it sounded like they they are going to have a total recall on the diffs, but it won't be for awhile:unsure:So he said if I could live with the noise for awhile it sounds like it will be taken care of.I told him ofcourse it's been this long so who cares:furious:.It sounds like there going to make a set of cut gears like real car dif.If there's any truth to it?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Thanx for the inside scoop ...I personally would hold high validity of that coming from a dealer ....and we know straight cut gears are noisier type gears .....makes sense to me except for the total recall...those type of recalls are usually for safety issues,not too much noise

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't remember right off hand.I'll eat my last jalapeno and piece of garlic sausage with hot mustard and I'll go out and check.Beer drink in between of course.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My no. is 411.I wonder if maybe the talk of some sort of law suite had something to do with it, we are stronger in numbers ya know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They just put the new 506 on mine and no more noise. Two weekend rides so far and QUIET. Can only hear belt and stock exhaust now.

If I'm posting, its because I'm on the side of the trail waiting for you slow pokes to catch up...... ROFLMAO

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
They just put the new 506 on mine and no more noise. Two weekend rides so far and QUIET. Can only hear belt and stock exhaust now.

If I'm posting, its because I'm on the side of the trail waiting for you slow pokes to catch up...... ROFLMAO
Thanks Wes we have the 411 so I thought it was ok, but I think I will email my saleman today and ask him about the 506...I have just 30 days left on my warranty...

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts

Yes ...thanx for the new set of diff numbers to inquire with dealer about .....great to know your a liking it alot .....

You need to change your sig to ROTTLMAO for rolling on the trail .....lol ....Lance

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good idea

·
Registered
43 Posts
Better ???

If I'm posting, its because I'm on the side of the trail waiting for you slow pokes to catch up...... ROTTLMAO

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm having issues with both diffs on mine. My front goes through the diff fluid and won't engage 4x4 after a couple of hours of riding and I don't see a leak anywhere, but the stuff disappears in a hurry. Any thoughts on if the recall will be both front and rear?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I'm having issues with both diffs on mine. My front goes through the diff fluid and won't engage 4x4 after a couple of hours of riding and I don't see a leak anywhere, but the stuff disappears in a hurry. Any thoughts on if the recall will be both front and rear?
Give both axles on the outboard side of the cv boots the Michael Jackson white glove treatment ...maybe the oil is slithering out a boot undetected?....and not heard of any Frontend issues at all, so may be a hard sell to the dealer for warranty work unless it truely is bad...not engaging 4x4 after the 2 hour timeframe is weird tho ...anymore info to help with that issue?

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Find a dealer you know will help you out and change them out. I have a BRP dealer that has been very good about covering everything I have asked for.
So far
Rear Diff - replaced
Air cleaner hood - replaced
Clutch belt - replaced (was slipping)
Frame - being replace now
Shock bushings - being replaced now

It might be worth a couple hour road trip for the right dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts