Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Commander about a week ago and i have a very loud growling noise coming from the rear end. I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this issue. Let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. There should not be a very loud Growling noise. Like any mechanical gearbox you will here some noise however more of a whine from gear mesh friction. I would take it back to the dealer ASAP before something does go wrong. Either the gear lash is set to tight or someone forgot to put oil in it!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i work on vehicles for a living and i spoke to the dealer about this and they said it was normal but i am smarter than that. Haha. I have had it about a week and already had antifreeze leak and now this rear end noise. Not so sure i made a wise investment.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
rear end noise

i had a noise in my rear that continued to get louder and we found that one of the bearings that hold the ring gear in place had failed. The bearings have a plastic cage that holds the balls in place and it had broken alloying the bearing to seperate. Also i noticed before disassembly that the axle shaft had some movement up and down where it goes into the rear diff. Can am replaced the whole rear with a new one.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Hey Mudrat and Bootle....thanx for the info here!,,,,gives us all something to be aware of and listen for....Lance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing went wrong with mine

i had a noise in my rear that continued to get louder and we found that one of the bearings that hold the ring gear in place had failed. The bearings have a plastic cage that holds the balls in place and it had broken alloying the bearing to seperate. Also i noticed before disassembly that the axle shaft had some movement up and down where it goes into the rear diff. Can am replaced the whole rear with a new one.
Sorry I should have said something ,but it all got fixed by dealer

RC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts