Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this winter, my 2013 1000 limited with 1200 miles locked up the rear tires while riding. I gassed it and smoked the belt. I thought that it was just a belt, so I replaced the belt and it happened again. Before it happened the second time (after about 1/4 mile) there was a clunk, clunk, clunk noise. This time I didn't smoke the belt. With all the issues reported with the rear diff, I assumed it was the diff and pulled the diff. The diff is fine and turn over smoothly. I assume it is the transmission, but there are no transmission error messages. Any thoughts? Has anybody else went through the same? Any ideas where I can get a reasonable (stealer wants $2300) replacement or anybody that rebuilds them? Thanks!

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
So this winter, my 2013 1000 limited with 1200 miles locked up the rear tires while riding. I gassed it and smoked the belt. I thought that it was just a belt, so I replaced the belt and it happened again. Before it happened the second time (after about 1/4 mile) there was a clunk, clunk, clunk noise. This time I didn't smoke the belt. With all the issues reported with the rear diff, I assumed it was the diff and pulled the diff. The diff is fine and turn over smoothly. I assume it is the transmission, but there are no transmission error messages. Any thoughts? Has anybody else went through the same? Any ideas where I can get a reasonable (stealer wants $2300) replacement or anybody that rebuilds them? Thanks!
Did you replace the belt immediately, on the spot, where the first one broke? Were you riding amoungst various sized rocks/shale/etc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you replace the belt immediately, on the spot, where the first one broke? Were you riding amoungst various sized rocks/shale/etc?
I had the same issue but I have a brand new transmission put in. Ran great when we first fired it up but now lower speeds it acts like it locks up. Flushed transmission about 7 times. Got lots of metal shavings come out the trans? Anyone got a suggestion about what to do or check? This a 2009 canam commander with 900 miles on the motor and less than 30 on the transmission.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
You should edit what year your Commander is.

After all the flushings of the tranny with, what sounds like a LOT of metal shrapnel inside, I would suggest that is your problem to focus on first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts