Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you that have thrown away the stock battery...what did you replace it with?
Odyssey or Optima... or is there another one that you would recommend

Barbara

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I read on a different forum where members would replace there stock batt. with a car batt.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I recently replaced mine with the Odyssey PC925. I Installed the EMT battery box that mounted in place of the OEM box. PITA to insatll however i like the ideal of the stock location. I still ran a set of cables down under the seat location in case i wanted to add a second battery. Have not had a chance to run it so i have no experience with it yet.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I recently replaced mine with the Odyssey PC925. I Installed the EMT battery box that mounted in place of the OEM box. PITA to insatll however i like the ideal of the stock location. I still ran a set of cables down under the seat location in case i wanted to add a second battery. Have not had a chance to run it so i have no experience with it yet.
Have you received your LT kit yet?

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Registered
188 Posts
Barbara and Lance have you replaced your stock battery with an Odyssey PC925? If you have what have you done about a battery box for it and where did you mount it. I have looked at moving it under the drivers seat, but I was actually hoping to have it mounted where the stock battery is. The problem I have is a lot of negative press about one of the mounts out there where it allows the battery to move too much which can cause failure. I used my winch last week to remove some bushes in my yard as being a paraplegic I am not likely to jump on a shovel. The winch is suppose to be 4000lbs capacity, yet the one bush would not come up and it did not move my commander either. That would not be good to get stuck on the great western trail and not have enough power to have the winch pull my commander out. Any help you can give me would be appreciated, you have seemed to have tried a lot of things and I like your honesty.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Barbara and Lance have you replaced your stock battery with an Odyssey PC925? If you have what have you done about a battery box for it and where did you mount it. I have looked at moving it under the drivers seat, but I was actually hoping to have it mounted where the stock battery is. The problem I have is a lot of negative press about one of the mounts out there where it allows the battery to move too much which can cause failure. I used my winch last week to remove some bushes in my yard as being a paraplegic I am not likely to jump on a shovel. The winch is suppose to be 4000lbs capacity, yet the one bush would not come up and it did not move my commander either. That would not be good to get stuck on the great western trail and not have enough power to have the winch pull my commander out. Any help you can give me would be appreciated, you have seemed to have tried a lot of things and I like your honesty.
Still running the stock battery on BLRs Commander

I have read most responses on that battery holder ...half say it's okay and half would like another brand of box to try....that one peep on another site had a vendetta to settle and blew it way out of proportion IMO

I would add a second battery under the seat and parallel wire to you existing one only because when a winch is involved, every bit of amperage is appreciated

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank you, so you are running the batteries in parallel without an isolator and have not had any issues. My issue is using the winch there is not enough power with the stock battery, I do not know a lot about vehicles and batteries, if I could forgo the isolators and add in a pc925 under the drivers seat without causing issues for the machine, that would be great.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Thank you, so you are running the batteries in parallel without an isolator and have not had any issues. My issue is using the winch there is not enough power with the stock battery, I do not know a lot about vehicles and batteries, if I could forgo the isolators and add in a pc925 under the drivers seat without causing issues for the machine, that would be great.
We just have the stock battery only

Exactly with what you stated was my suggestion from the start. If I was doing it ...pc925 under seat, paralleled with no isolator ....

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Thank you, I hope you and Barbara have a wonderful and safe Easter. Tell Barbara to watch out for that tree.
Ahahaha....that tree is gonna be toast next time we see it! !.... thanx so much for the Easter wish...it is very kind of you.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, I hope you and Barbara have a wonderful and safe Easter. Tell Barbara to watch out for that tree.
LOL..
Took another 6" off of my flag today...another damn tree..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
that dont work if you have a limited, compressor in the way...that is a disadvantage and the only one i have found, you need a smaller bolt to get your belt off (belt tool removal) selling on ebay for like 7.70 and they work in all commanders, outlanders,renegades including the limited. i have found that revening up the engine helps the winch greatly...big time... and of course a snatch block doubles the power.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mcmantim; May I suggest using a snatch block on your winch line when doing heavy pulls, you can double your pulling power with the same amperage used from your battery.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Woow Sorry bulldogs101 ,I just repeated your reply, should of read it all.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I have decided to build my own battery box by starting with the OEM battery box. I have a couple small adjustments to make off of my first try but should have it completed this week. You can buy the OEM battery box for around $7.00 USD add a little metal here, I will let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't forget the pics:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts