Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyons had any issues with a rev limiter, Mine seems to cut out at 7500rpm, was wondering if this is common or if I have a problem. Does it when in the whoops or hitting a sharp hill hard and when the shocks decompress back wheels lossong traction RPM jumps up fast, and cuts out at 7500 for just a moment then comesback on again. Cannot duplicate it on the flat but have not been able to hit the 7500 rpm mark unless in low range. Have not had a long enough straight away to go that fast yet. I have been to 68 MPH and I think that was about 7000 rpm.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Has anyons had any issues with a rev limiter, Mine seems to cut out at 7500rpm, was wondering if this is common or if I have a problem. Does it when in the whoops or hitting a sharp hill hard and when the shocks decompress back wheels lossong traction RPM jumps up fast, and cuts out at 7500 for just a moment then comesback on again. Cannot duplicate it on the flat but have not been able to hit the 7500 rpm mark unless in low range. Have not had a long enough straight away to go that fast yet. I have been to 68 MPH and I think that was about 7000 rpm.
That's the only time that I have noticed it, following a few friends with long travel thru the whoops the other night, had to slow down kept hitting the the rev-limiter (back wanted to swap with the front a couple of times) plus my head on the roll bar...at least the helmet soaks some of that up..:)..need to do some shock adjustments.
When I have done a few jumps-one of the things that I made sure I did was to not let off the gas before I got to the top and I have not had an issue of lawn darting or nose diving. so far so good there.
I have also had it on 2 wheels (my fault left it 4x4) cutting cookies, but it never cut out/loss power and I was able to keep her right side up.
This last friday we were out riding with about 20 other SxS and I was able to keep up with there aggressive riding style...some of them were just crazy..:(
but Cah-Mandi did everthing that they did....Barbara

1 - 2 of 2 Posts