Can-Am Commander Forums banner

Seat belt sensor question...Overide options...? UTVinc harness bar question

8K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  LBR 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the best way to eliminate the factory sensor that limits performance if the stock seat belt is not used? I installed an aftermarket harness bar and straps but I'm having difficulty deciding the best way to make sure Im able to utilize all of the horsepower. Can this be overridden at dealer??

Also, I am using a UTVinc. harness bar that will not allow me to lower my tail-gate does anyone have this bar or know if it will work if facing forward?

#2 ·
I posted on your other thread. The harness bar should face forward to allow the bed to dump and not hit it. But why do you feel the harness bar installed facing backwards won't allow you to lower your tailgate??. Please explain to help me understand better. Do you have a 4 seat cage and are talking about a harness bar for the rear??

The driver's seat belt when not latched not only limits SOME power, but won't let you drive over about 7-10 MPH. It's a simple project to disassemble the drivers belt latch, jump the 2 wires going to the latch switch, reassemble and the ECU thinks that your latched in when your actually not. One note of caution...make sure the 2 wires are connected SECURELY.... I soldered them so there is no question about it.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

#6 ·
Also, if you don't want to cut any wires for the seatbelt sensor. I've read that you can just take the latch apart, flip the switch over and reassemble it. This keeps pressure on the switch and makes it think the seatbelt is latched. I haven tried it but it sounds pretty simple.

#7 ·
I have the same harness bar, install on the front bar of cage with bend to rear or rear bar of cage with bend facing forward. If you know a decent mechanic they can make a jumper at the weatherpack connector for the seat belt, I've also seen where they have taken the latch apart and used electrical tape to close the micro switch to fool the seat belt into thinking it is latched.

#8 ·
When I replaced the seat belts in my commander, I did not want to mess with the wiring at all and risk voiding the warranty. So I just cut the the side the belt and removed the connecter there and snapped it into the receiver side where the sensor is and just stuffed it back under the drivers seat.

#15 ·
Most peeps will either leave the nets on or remove permanantly for door installs. BLR runs her Commander factory equipped. You are your own Master and can make that call. The nets are factory equipment because inexperrienced people have proven in the last decade they automatically will throw their hand and leg outside to catch the SxS in a slow rollover or flop, whether it be the driver or a passenger. Nets will eliminate that, doors keep the foot in, not not a hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.