Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone modded their seat to gain a little extra legroom? Was looking at mine yesterday and recon it would be possible to slide it back an extra 2" but would need to mod the seat catch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I've done it today and managed to get an extra 2" of legroom and what a difference it's makes to the comfort.

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
That's great ...bet the seat is as far back as you dare with that 2".....on the flip side, I had to set BLR's seat more upright from the laid back setting so she could see a tad better....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No pics as I'm busy getting ready for a 4 week trip through Europe, I removed the seat from it's subframe and cut the spring loaded catch off. Then re drilled the 4 seat mounting holes 41mm back. There is a flat plate welded to the subframe that restricts the movement that needs cutting off or just a piece out of the front of it.
This then allows the seat to slide all the way back until it touches the bulkhead. I then welded a small piece of 1" by 1/8 flat to the underside of the subframe inline with the holes that had the bolts in that the spring loaded latch hooked onto. The flat was bent upwards to follow the angle of the chassis and 1 hole in it to accept a bolt to lock the seat in place. Hope it all makes sense:) I must say that if you are tall this is a really good mod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts