Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know alot of you guys have questioned what exactly was happening when i machine the secondary for the CVtech primary. the CVtech primary will fit on your machine and run fine without the secondary machined, but owners who want the best gains, the machined CVtech primary coupled with the secondary machining will give the best gains! when i machine the secondary, i make the secondary close up further, so it will get the belt higher in the secondary, to give max low end gains and properly tension the belt. with the secondary not machined it will max out its throw before it gets the belt to the max tension not allowing the belt to get any tighter as it wears down. after the secondary is machined it will close up more, squeezing the belt tighter, and higher in the secondary. the CVtech primary alone will give you about 18% lower gear ratio. with the secondary machined it will increase the low gearing to 22-25% lower gear ratio along with keeping the belt tight at all times and never letting it run loose.

here is a picture before the machining to a bone stock secondary

now here is the pictures, showing the secondary machined and showing how much more it will close up. this 2mm more closing ability will put your belt nearly 5mm higher in the secondary than it will go before the machining. this will get your belt nearly 1/4"-5/16" up out of the top of the secondary giving you max low end.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Being an owner of the CVTech clutch and machined secondary, I can tell you that the Primary gets some machine work from Adam as well yes. By design, its already giving you an advantage. It has a smaller "one-way bearing" circumference that allows the belt to ride closer/deeper on the shaft, thus allowing the belt to ride higher on the secondary which gives you that lower gear effect. Adam's Machine work and special primary tuning gives us the ultimate clutching performance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the CVtech primary and secondary machining have been an $850 upgrade. now that i have my new covers built for these clutches to truly harness all the power of the commander, the primary will obviously have to go up somehow in order for the new covers. each cover cost me $240, that is just what it costs to build and harden the cover. that is not figuring in overhead or mark-up. that is flat out what it costs me. so i am trying to figure up how much things are gonna cost.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok.I emailed you with what I have on my X ,so when you figure pricing please shoot me a message.I'd like to get this done asap.Thxs

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
the CVtech primary and secondary machining have been an $850 upgrade. now that i have my new covers built for these clutches to truly harness all the power of the commander, the primary will obviously have to go up somehow in order for the new covers. each cover cost me $240, that is just what it costs to build and harden the cover. that is not figuring in overhead or mark-up. that is flat out what it costs me. so i am trying to figure up how much things are gonna cost.
Is there any reason the cover that comes with it can not be used? What advantage does the new cover offer?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the covers that come with them are fine, with the upgraded sliders, but for guys who plan on building big in the future, the upgraded plates will handle WAY more power. the cost of the cltuch and upgraded sliders, is only a few dollars less than what i can slip the new plate in for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
clutches

i had also sent you an email and would like to get my clutches done asap. I have them out as we speak ready to ship but if you think it will be awhile before you are ready jus let me know. Thx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts