Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to buy a set of rims for my 1000 XT. Want to install a set of DOT Approved tires on these rims to swap out when needed. We travel a lot in our motor home and bring the XT with us to use when ever possible. Also use it local at home around town on the city streets. Would like to put some street tires on them to keep from wearing out the off road tires. It would be a lot easier to just be able to swap out the tires and rims.

I want to keep the tire size to 27" so I don't have to worry about the ECM problem of switching tire sizes. So I'm open to any suggestion as to what the best choice in rim size would work out best and be able to find DOT approved tires in the right size.

Any help and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On Order

Decided to bite the bullet. Just ordered set of the D.O.T. Approved EFX Moto Grip Radial Tires with the Chrome M12 Diesel Wheel Set w/ Lug Nuts 14". Shopped around and found the best price I could find on the Internet (ended up being e-bay) and brought that to my dealer and he was able to match the price. Complete set including mounting and resetting the ECU for the 26" tires all for just a little over $ 1000. Plus I'll have him install a new clutch kit while he has it at the shop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts