1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I vote no only because I've seen it kill a forum. Everybody was always in the shout so posts went way down. So if you weren't on line all the time you miss 1/2 the conversation. My 2 cents

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Hmmm...great point.....never had entertained one myself, so am now unsure if one would be appropriate...later evenings, bad day at work, alcohol induced comments.....does sound like maybe 2 steps backwards from our 1 step forward now...Hmmm....:unsure:..Lance

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
LOL alcohol induced posting...been there and done that (several times) to the point where I need to revisit the different forums to make sure I was behaving :rofl:
guilty as charged...:rofl:has gotten me in trouble a few times also:furious: but not on here:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I voted yes because I think that they are harmless.A person can see that someone is on there and say hi,what they are up to for the day.Not everything can be posted, and a chat box in my opinion makes the forum more personal.
Not everyone cares for them,but at least the option is there if you would like to use it.....Cheers!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The votes are tied now with "yes" and "I dont care". Personally, I like the warm and fuzzy security of logging on and not having to respond to instant messaging when I'm tdtt :frantic:

·
Registered
62 Posts
The votes are tied now with "yes" and "I dont care". Personally, I like the warm and fuzzy security of logging on and not having to respond to instant messaging when I'm tdtt :frantic:
Its not an instant messaging application.Its simply a chat box at the bottom of the page which your name does not appear unless you click on the box and write something.The only people that are involved are the ones that want to be in the chat box.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
....When I come onto CT, I automatically go to "New Posts" to view posts since last time viewing......am wondering how a few other members log-in habits are?.....similiar to this or do you scan down the full page of sub-forums and then see the chat box?.......Lance

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
....When I come onto CT, I automatically go to "New Posts" to view posts since last time viewing......am wondering how a few other members log-in habits are?.....similiar to this or do you scan down the full page of sub-forums and then see the chat box?.......Lance
I go straight to new posts every time...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts