1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Same here man....no experience with snorkels at all...hopefully you get taken care of on your other channel thread.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

·
Registered
188 Posts
I do remember there was a person who had a thread about the Arctic Thunder Snorkel kit a while back. You could do a search on snorkel and see if it comes up. It had a lot of pictures of it installed. Sorry I can't be of much help.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I do remember there was a person who had a thread about the Arctic Thunder Snorkel kit a while back. You could do a search on snorkel and see if it comes up. It had a lot of pictures of it installed. Sorry I can't be of much help.
Your right Tim... forgot about that one...I'll find it and post the link, as it may help the OP in some way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not a fan of how the intake snorkle is not protected. Wouldn't be good for trail ridding because of it possibly getting torn off by a tree or even tweaked enough to break one of the water tite seals and by the time you find out its to late. Second, from the pic that I can see on my phone you would have to unbolt the support bracket from the seats every time you need to check your oil or remove one of the seats. Personally I would pass on the kit. Just my .02

If it can't play, it can't stay!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!
I am just going to make my own, after looking at different styles and pictures it looks like it will be a piece of cake!!

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Looks like you have it figured out...nice alignment with your tubing. In the third picture, is that the CVT exhaust part under the engine cover?...if so, did you raise the CVT intake at all?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like you have it figured out...nice alignment with your tubing. In the third picture, is that the CVT exhaust part under the engine cover?...if so, did you raise the CVT intake at all?

Thanks!
I didn't snorkel the cvt intake(I don't want to be any deeper in water that the cvt intake)... Yes the cvt exhaust comes through the cover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was looking at the same kit from mud industries. what did it cost to do it this way. I went butt deep as I tell the kids and got water up the cvt exhaust and slipped the belt its time to snorkle. I reckon thats what happens when you follow anouther commander with 4in lift and 34in terms.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was looking at the same kit from mud industries. what did it cost to do it this way. I went butt deep as I tell the kids and got water up the cvt exhaust and slipped the belt its time to snorkle. I reckon thats what happens when you follow anouther commander with 4in lift and 34in terms.
I wouldn't buy a kit, it is so easy to do yourself!
I have maybe $50 into mine!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Take the filter off the cvt exhaust before it over heats. You dont want any restrictions on the belt intake or exhaust! The engine intake looks good but it is not well protected imo, a tree branch will break it easily. I did my own 3" snorkels and have tested it in 5' of water, so far so good, just watch where the snorkel comes out of the cvt exhaust, it is close to the engine exhaust pipe. I had to put some header wrap on mine. I also put a pre filter on the engine intake snorkel, keeps the dust down on the main filter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Take the filter off the cvt exhaust before it over heats. You dont want any restrictions on the belt intake or exhaust! The engine intake looks good but it is not well protected imo, a tree branch will break it easily. I did my own 3" snorkels and have tested it in 5' of water, so far so good, just watch where the snorkel comes out of the cvt exhaust, it is close to the engine exhaust pipe. I had to put some header wrap on mine. I also put a pre filter on the engine intake snorkel, keeps the dust down on the main filter.
I plan on wrapping the exhaust.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts