Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Jensen audio system in my Commander. It is the unit that Can-Am puts into their limited models. All Commanders come pre wired with the compatable power plug so it is pretty much plug and play. I don't like the locations of the front speakers . Also I have my heater ducts plumbed in those areas so I do not want to install the front speakers there. I can easily mount them up above on each side but I would have to lengthen the front speaker cables. The question I have is can I splice into speaker wire like I splice into a 12 volt automotive system for repairing wire for lighting . If I can then I can leave the two factory ends on and just add length to the existing cable. I just don't want to cut the factory cables without getting some expert advice from my brothers or sisters ( Barb) here on CT. Thanks

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I would think so unless there is something REALLY special about the factory system wires....lol. Cut the factory wires anywhere you see fit, use a piece of wire same gauge or a bit larger to lengthen, and splice both ends back together.

Make sure you keep track of +/- wiring when splicing it back together....I always stager cut the two wires, solder them and use heat shrink on both + and - soldered connections with another piece of shrink to cover both shorter pieces to tidy it up.

Sent by a Twin Turbo Razr

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kind of thought that but just nice to get a confirmation. Thank you and I hope you and barb have a merry Christmas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts