Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put the stage one lifT Kit on my commander x and then I removed it due to the rear axles pulled out of the differential and front end steering got really loose and wobbly feeling. So the whole lift kit is off the bike now axles are back in but the front end steering is still loose feeling and has quite a bit of slack in it. Any help or ideas on what's wrong would help me alot. Thanks Justin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Which stage one lift did you use? Personally I would check and make sure all components are tight and from there I would have someone turn the wheel wheel watch where your play is coming from and replace parts. How much lift were you trying to get out of the X? Im just curious why you didnt crank up the preload springs on it for free instead of paying for a lift kit. Mine has 14 inches of clearance to the front and rear lowest points and didnt cost anything other than about 30 minutes time. If you want bigger tires you can trim the lower bar on the sliders and fit upto 30 inch mudders with out paying for a lift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i put the gorilla stage one lift kit 1.5''-3'' on it and i did adjust the springs on it. The lift kit came with the bike. Im just trying to get maybe 2'' or 3'' lift on it, i think if i want the lift on it im gonna have to upgrade the axles all the way around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts