Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok will a xt 1000 battery and charging system support a 4 speaker, 4 channel marine grade alpine stereo system? prob a 300 to 500 watt amp? all alpine? No guesses please, just straight facts. Please help. thanks.:)
Jim

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Ok will a xt 1000 battery and charging system support a 4 speaker, 4 channel marine grade alpine stereo system? prob a 300 to 500 watt amp? all alpine? No guesses please, just straight facts. Please help. thanks.:)
Jim
Hopefully someone has done this and can give you a thumbs up or down from their experience with a like system.....I know how I would go about it to make it work if I was doing it, but your after someone who has already crossed this bridge....I think Jason / Rhinorehab has a fairly mean system in his....he'll chime in I'm sure.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet thanks. heading out for a ride right now. i see a lot of them with systems so im thinking it will be ok. commander seems like it has a pretty ample charging system with the ability to handle light bars, winch etc.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
sweet thanks. heading out for a ride right now. i see a lot of them with systems so im thinking it will be ok. commander seems like it has a pretty ample charging system with the ability to handle light bars, winch etc.
Your stator will be fine with that load .. i would install an auto battery under the driver's seat and wire with factory battery for a much higher reserve

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jim, I have the Audioformz top with a Sony head unit and a 200 watt amp with 4 6x9 kickers. I added a new Toyota car battery under the seat (fits the space perfect) and I can play tunes for a couple of hours with the engine off with no problems. Just wired it in to the existing battery. Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well alpine setreo, 4 arc speakers with arch 4 channel 4 ohm 75x4 amp and fabbed roof with all 4 speakers with quick disconnect so i cant take roof off, 1298.00 all installed. sounds great but dont know if im wanting to drop that money yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im going with ssv works 4 speaker overhead system. got an email into them wondering if theres treble and bass control and if it will mount ok with roof and roof straps dont clash. they seem like they sound good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts