Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what a set of the STI wheel spacers look like on my XT. They installed in minutes and made a considerable difference in the handling! I love em!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Also keep track of wheel bearings...puts a lot of pressure on them..which I figured would know...this is for others looking or thinking about putting them on......:)...Barbara

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Re-tork after first ride, the aluminum will settle in over the first 20 miles or so. I re-forked my spacers after 18 miles and they all needed about 1/8 to 1/4 turn to get them forked back up. They did not unscrew but just settled in. Ody had his break off after just 80 miles so be sure and check them. After the re-tork I think you are good from there but never hurts to check from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Re-tork after first ride, the aluminum will settle in over the first 20 miles or so. I re-forked my spacers after 18 miles and they all needed about 1/8 to 1/4 turn to get them forked back up. They did not unscrew but just settled in. Ody had his break off after just 80 miles so be sure and check them. After the re-tork I think you are good from there but never hurts to check from time to time.
That retorquing is definitely necessary when your getting that much more on tightening ....that's quite a lot .....

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
It was not mine that had the issues. I typically Install wheel spacers and/or adapters with Red loctite and and a 1/2" Impack set to full power. I have no issues using this approch.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great tech tips. I will be sure to re-tourqe and re-check often. I am suprised on how much of a difference they really made. NO more sense of wanting to flip over is the biggest, and i noticed no difference in the steering or pull. I took it down the road and pulled 73 mph straight as an arrow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone furnish a company name to buy 2" wheel spacers? Having difficulty locating spacers in the price range of $165.00 a set of four, although I've seen them advertised for that. The ad was old and none were available.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spacers look good. I ordered a new roof and 2" spacers from UTV Inc still waiting on the spacers. Now I just need a new roll bar from BRP.. backordered until June 21st... ouch. Time to bend the old one back in to place for now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts