Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure. I came into a turn a little too hot and layed it on its side. Not Impressed with the lack of strength of the stock cage as I was not going that fast. The cage got pushed down on the right front corner about 2" and the the whole cage is pushed to the drivers side about 1 1/2" I can not open my dump bed without pulling it past the cage. So iam evaluating building my own or if I can just get a stock cage cheap enough and weld in "X" bracing etc. That way I can use the roof I just Installed. I may try an straighten the original however that easyer said than done.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Sorry to hear that Steve....start contacting some of these Commander owners that have upgraded their cages....but you probably would want someone fair-close to where you live tho.....Lance

·
Registered
19 Posts
ODY, My good friend has a stock cage that he is going to sell.. he lives in ohio near toledo about 15 min east. His name is Andy and he can be reached at 419-261-4407

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Ody, did you get the cage, or just fix the old one? I would guess you have it back to 100% already so you can get back on the trail.

I almost rolled two different times on my last trip out and I would not want to have to deal with the cage just because of one roll.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Great hear you have a good one lined up......Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeh, good to hear you are getting dialed in. I might have to start looking at what I will do if I bend up my roll cage.
I had considered building a new one from scratch however its just more work I don't need right now. Ironiclly I bought this Commander to have a factory offroad car that i did not have to work on! What the hell was i thinking! I truly believe I was swimming up that river of de Nile!:(:running:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Sure. I came into a turn a little too hot and layed it on its side. Not Impressed with the lack of strength of the stock cage as I was not going that fast. The cage got pushed down on the right front corner about 2" and the the whole cage is pushed to the drivers side about 1 1/2" I can not open my dump bed without pulling it past the cage. So iam evaluating building my own or if I can just get a stock cage cheap enough and weld in "X" bracing etc. That way I can use the roof I just Installed. I may try an straighten the original however that easyer said than done.
I've been thinking about this since I put mine on it's side. I'm wondering if making the cage super-ridgid might transfer energy to other parts like the frame, spine, etc? Maybe the cage should give to absorb shock? Like a "crumple zone" on a care? Just crap I think about at work....:unsure:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
cage

Wondering if any of you guys could help me out... I'm looking for a stock cage for my commander....someone took it for a spin and rolled it :furious: went to order new cage and dealership says canam roll cages are back ordered until June ! :( so if anyone can help me find one or even an after market one around same price I'd appreciate it...

I know I should probably be looking into a stronger one considering the guy driving it fractured his neck...BUT after estimate to fix it is 5500 with only 200 miles... I'm just wanting a cheaper one (for now) so I can ride...and yes I will never EVER let another person use any of my toys =)

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts