Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help here, Tires are not my expertise, so I could use any suggestions you may have.

I'm setting up my XT to be street legal. I plan on trailer towing this behind my motor-home on trips around the country. I would like to have it set up so that I have a complete set of DOT Street Tires mounted on another set of rims to just swap out as needed. Some places I will only use it to ride around the towns we are in on asphalt and then some trips will be to places where we can ride the trails and mountains. So I want to be able to swap tires out with out having to worry about the different tire size and the reprogramming of the ECU because of different tire size.

I was talking to one of the tire shops here and he's telling me that the 14" street tires are not being used as much any more so the options of tires are getting smaller. He suggested I look into a 15" rim and get a tire to match the height of what I have now, the Big Horn 2.0. We measured mine and mounted they have a height of 26". They are 27" tires but I'm guessing that is measured unmounted with no weight on the tires. Is this correct. Is there a 15" rim available to match the bolt pattern of the Commander and does this sound like a good idea.

Like I said, this is a subject I know little about, so all suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes your 27'' tires are measured without load on them and I would just stick with a 14'' rim they must be able to find some tires that will work for you and just get a spare. I would guess if thier ar 15'' out there they will cost at least your arm maybe even a piece of leg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts