Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone actually checked out how much travel they have? I was in the process of of Installing a lift kit over the weekend and wanted before and after dimensions. I discovered several things. The first is the Fox shocks on the "X" are not 10" travel shocks as advertised, they are 6" travel shocks. The second thing I discovered is that I am only getting 8 1/2" of travel in lieu of the 10" travel advertised. It is possiable if you took the ruber bump stop off the shock you might get the 10" however you would then damage the shocks. I had the rubber compressed down to about an inch.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
You measure travel in both compression and rebound. Shock travel also has to do with the location of the top of the shaft within the shock body. If the top of the shaft is high up in the shock body, it limits how much compression the shock has, regardless of the length of the shaft, too much compression and it will bottom out the shaft at the top of the shock body. So assuming you were to have 10" of travel, if the top of the shaft is in the middle of the shock body, you should be able to compress the shaft in 5" and extend the shaft 5"

We may be saying the same thing with different words ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts