Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgrade your machine with a SuperATV 2.5" lift kit. This lift kit is an easy, bolt-on system that when installed with stock tires and wheels increases your front and rear ground clearance by about 2.5" on average. When combined with larger tires and wheels your machine gains even more ground clearance. Perfect for any type of riding, whether you are on the trails, farm, hills, creek, or sand. You are sure to stand out and out perform.
Click on the link below to see/learn more:

ATV ACCESSORIES - COMMANDER 2.5" LIFT

$149.95

Tyler
[email protected]
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are people having problems with axles popping out and breaking with this lift i was told not to install this lift???? On the other hand a spring lift doesn,t sound desirable either.whats the deal ??

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Welcome to the site...:):):)..

Disclaimer...
From my understanding..not first hand experience...so this is hear say only!!!! we don't needs lifts where we ride....

from all the peeps that have installed lifts...GORILLIA has had issues, but check it our for yourself...do a search!!!
CATVOS...Haven't heard of any bad issues
Not sure about this one though.....that you are asking about

from what Odyknuck has said and he may chime in.....long travel is the only way to go....if he doesn't chime in maybe PM him...Barbara

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Not sure the LT kit would be beneficial for where he/she likely rides (simply going by his/her location in his profile)

I think the problem with the axles are either they are not long enough or the lift is such that the CV's bind thus breaking the axle, or I suppose it could be both.

Seems to me from all the mud guys that CATVOS might be a good place to start, I am a desert/dune rider, therefore, as BLR also stated, really have never had the need for a lift, hence the reason why I run a long travel car.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Vendors please do not take this the wrong way as my Intensions are not to bash a product only to offer my thoughts on the concept.
The current shock relocation style lift kits merly lower the supension. Unfortunalty lowering the supension puts the CVs operation very close to the design limits. Meaning they will bind. This does two things. It prematurly wears out the CVs and or will break them in fully extended conditions. You can buy new axels with higher CV angularity however then your into big dollars and may as well look at the Long Travel setups. Long travel systems are the best approch as longer arms and axels are used that run the CVs in less of an angle keeping them within design parameters. Keep in mind that even with some LT systems you still may need race prepped CVs depending on design. However race prepping CVs is not that hard to do and can be done for either a lift kit or a long travel. It would be the place to start if a Lift kit is chosen.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vendors please do not take this the wrong way as my Intensions are not to bash a product only to offer my thoughts on the concept.
The current shock relocation style lift kits merly lower the supension. Unfortunalty lowering the supension puts the CVs operation very close to the design limits. Meaning they will bind. This does two things. It prematurly wears out the CVs and or will break them in fully extended conditions. You can buy new axels with higher CV angularity however then your into big dollars and may as well look at the Long Travel setups. Long travel systems are the best approch as longer arms and axels are used that run the CVs in less of an angle keeping them within design parameters. Keep in mind that even with some LT systems you still may need race prepped CVs depending on design. However race prepping CVs is not that hard to do and can be done for either a lift kit or a long travel. It would be the place to start if a Lift kit is chosen.
:giggle:"Pleasure,Spiked with Pain"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems like there is no solution to my issue except put the lift in the mail back to super atv for a refund . I have already spent $20,000.00 getting my commander w/goodies and the thought of another $3500.00 + on a lift kit is insaine!!! I only go to a few mud riding events a year the rest of the time Im on the trails. the bad thing is I have a fab shop with machines and software that alot of these vendors would love to have. So who knows maybe I will start putting more time into my own design and have a better product in the end!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Where I ride there is a lot of mud and rocks to climb. With stock setup on my X I find my tail drags alot and I bottom out on the skid plate coming out of holes. I would love to find a +2 or +3 LT kit that adds +4" height. A 6" lift is just too much for me. I do not want to go up that high. But a 4" lift would be just about perfect for what I need. CATVOS is the only one right now I know of that is developing a kit like this. I just have to watch getting too wide. Anyone hears of any other lifts that are being made like this let me know.

I would have been ok with the 2.5 or 3 inch lift but looks like on this machine it isn't happening. Kind of stinks we dont have at least a little room to play with ride height.

·
Registered
9 Posts
wonder if they superatv has done any crazy testing on their commander with lift? they have some pretty cool videos of something they call rzrs or something that they really put things thru

·
Registered
34 Posts
lift kit

Has anyone actually installed the 2" or 2.5" lift on commander and had issues alot of hear say and surprised no one from super atv has commented. I had 2010 xtp 8oor with the 2 inch lift with no issues. Would love to put one on my commander.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts