Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swamped my 2011 commander water pretty much in everything , drained oil pulled plugs dryed every thingout it starts and runs , check engine light is on low oil and no throttle can any body help me on this

· Registered
26 Posts
Swamped my 2011 commander water pretty much in everything , drained oil pulled plugs dryed every thingout it starts and runs , check engine light is on low oil and no throttle can any body help me on this
your throttle is drive by wire so there is a sensor right at your throttle pedal most likely its fried

· Administrator
2,363 Posts
It does have a little throttle but dosnt rev up , if the sensor was gone would I still beable to do that ? And as soon as I try and give it some throttle it almost wants to die
Give us all the info as you can so we can put everything together.....now it sounds like your air filter is simply waterlogged and is choking the engine above idle.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything On the machine was flooded to the intake and clutch case and it was hydro locked , drained the oil and there was water in it pulled the spark plugs cranked it over and spit all the water out that was in there, syponed the gas out put new gas in changed spark plugs also after a day of drying every thing out , now when I turn the machine over it takes a bit for it to fire up, when it's iddling it jumps between 1400 and 1550 rpm the limp home mode is on and says low oil also when I go to give it throttle it revs up to about 2500 and sputters and dosnt go any higher then that and when I let off the throttle it almost wants to die

· Administrator
2,363 Posts
Well we know that any moisture in an engine related connector anywhere can create havoc, or any item that is suppose to be waterproof that isn't and let moisture in can fail....be prepared to check everything electrical....

If water got into the gas tank, it will be on the bottom..you siphoned the tank empty, but still may have left some missed water?....could it be trying to run on a fresh gas/ water mixture?

I'll bet the low oil pressure light is triggering the limp home mode.... probably is not a mechanical problem, but electrical instead?.... your thoughts?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya it's got me stumped , it has something to do with the fuel system I am sure or my ECM, would there be any posibiltys that the injectors could be screwed ? I took the fuel lines off them and functioned the key to the on position and looked like there was good flow so I am going to cross fuel pump off the list , what would cause low oil Press ? There's plenty off oil in it

· Administrator
2,363 Posts
Ya it's got me stumped , it has something to do with the fuel system I am sure or my ECM, would there be any posibiltys that the injectors could be screwed ? I took the fuel lines off them and functioned the key to the on position and looked like there was good flow so I am going to cross fuel pump off the list , what would cause low oil Press ? There's plenty off oil in it
Bet the injectors are OK...think it's idle surging/2500rpm/almost dying is the ECU commands..

If the oil sending unit or circuitry got moisture in it and grounded.....ECU thinks a problem with engine oil and goes to limp mode (2500 rpm)....limp is also probably the reason it surges at idle and almost dies.... I think it is your whole problem....

Take the engine to that 2500 rpm and keep it wound up for 15 seconds and see if it clears up that code. If not, that oil light issue has triggered the ECU to take control of your machine IMO.

· Administrator
2,363 Posts
Additional to above post....make sure you warm the machine up to running temps before trying this....if the oil is too thick (as in cold) and the ITC is depressed too far (as in wide open throttle), the ECU will still do the same thing.....(BTW what weight oil did you put in and what are the temps where you live???)

· Administrator
2,363 Posts
Reading through this thread it makes me so happy to be part of this forum where people try to help each other, some forums are so negative and in your face, glad this one is not.
Right now I wish I may, I wish I might...... for a Rotax diagnosis app for my phone and a micro USB adapter for access to ECUs in remote machines...."OH SANTA!!!!"....lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.