Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This past weekend I happened to see this unique machine while going for an early morning ride. I didn't have my camera on me so I powered back to the campsite and grabbed it. I spoke to the designer of the machine and asked permission to take some photos. He was all smiles as he was showing off his fabulous engineering feat.

This home made machine dubbed "ROCK DAWG", is fully operated by hydraulics. It has a motor right behind the driver seat which serves as a generator to the batteries.

I cannot imagine how long it would take to figure out how to use all of the levers.

What a fun looking ROCK DAWG. I got to see it move around but only a short distance as he was just checking clearances of his creation.

-Don McNeilly​

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
That is awesome reminds me of a spider!!...:):)
lots of engineering diffently went into that machine..
also reminds me of a vid that was going around about a year ago with a jeep rock crawler that was all hydraulic....

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Haha...Ya'll look at that last pic in the first post.....my mind tells me to do 2 things.....keep in mind the machine's name "Rock Dawg", K?

1)....have a recorded soundtrack of a dog howling and
2)....install a windshield washer bottle/pump/nozzle to be able to "pee" on a rock....

OK, it's a really PATHETIC mind, but it's all I got....:rofl:....Lance

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I love it. Where do I buy it? lol I could that at some point getting a lot of followers if he got red bull or Monster in the mix. Remember when BIG FOOT was one of a kind?

·
Registered
17 Posts

This past weekend I happened to see this unique machine while going for an early morning ride. I didn't have my camera on me so I powered back to the campsite and grabbed it.

-Don McNeilly​

Thank you for getting your camera and sharing. I just love looking at stuff like this..!:yeah:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts